FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

CANADA - A NIGHTMARE COME TRUE!!

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>
Author
Message Reverse Sort Order
canvis2006 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote canvis2006 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: CANADA - A NIGHTMARE COME TRUE!!
    Posted: 05 Jul 2010 at 8:35pm
aussiepete, I agree with you on that. The racism/discrimination card has been used up too much now! :p
mrstaycation View Drop Down
Top Member
Top Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mrstaycation Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Jul 2010 at 6:36pm
Well well well, you missed my point because you're reading between the lines.
So I put it in plain and simple English:
The guy was failing the test because he refused to take basic training, since he was considering himself fit and ready.
He was accumulating faults and hence failed 7 tests in a row.

Now the only parallel to draw is that while many complain, do they really do something to improve their chances. Or just sit in stubborn attitude playing the "blame the others" game.

Originally posted by kevin_405 kevin_405 wrote:

Please dont compare a persons ability to succeed in canada to getting a drivers license.

I got  my driving license in the US by giving a test in the parking lot and driving at 5 miles per hour on the first attempt.

My wife whose driving today is better than me when i went for the test in US has failed the test 4 times. After spending close to 1000$ for test and over 25 lessons she has basically given up on getting a drivers license. 

I have a good job and so does my wife but having seen other equally capable people fail i can tell u one thing succeeding in canada is not easy for visible minority.

Originally posted by mrstaycation mrstaycation wrote:

Someone told me that he knows an immigrant who failed to pass the driving exam of SAAQ (Quebec) 7 times. It's only the 8th time that he succeeded.
Problem: he was driving in his original country for more than 10 years, and during the exams he was recurring the same driving habits he developed there. It's only after 7 failures that he accepted the fact that he needed to adapt to the Canadian driving standards and took driving lessons.
Everyone should make the effort to adapt to the country we move to, it's not easy but with perseverance there's a place for all immigrants in this big promising country.

Originally posted by canvis2006 canvis2006 wrote:

This writer Ghulam Rasool,

i bet he had a nice paying govt job in his country where he did nothing much but shuffle paper all day. Now he has to actually work hard for the money so he writes a big letter of complains.
Anyone who has issues with finding work should improve their skills first and become qualified as per Canadian standards before expecting a nice job...
sendi-mississauga View Drop Down
Average Member
Average Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sendi-mississauga Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Jul 2010 at 5:25pm
My husband does not have any kind of university degree from back home, or from Canada, he does not even speak English with a perfect grammar. He is an auto body worker from back home. Here he is doing a different job (installing security doors and fire shutters) and he makes a 150K a year.
He is just an average person wanting to work. We live in a house (OK, we have a mortgage, but still), our cars are paid off etc. We have been here only 8 years. We both came without even speaking one word of English. Everything is possible if you work really hard on it and if you really want it. Canada is a great country with great opportunities!!! We are thankful to be able to live here!!!
I AM CANADIAN!!!
aussiepete View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aussiepete Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Jul 2010 at 3:49pm
[QUOTE=kevin_405]
i can tell u one thing succeeding in canada is not easy for visible minority.

[QUOTE=mrstaycation]

Yeah it is hard being WHITE! The visible minority.

We are always told we are racist etc etc etc..... it gets old quick! I bet if I moved to India, pakistan, asia or any non english speaking non-western country and wanted to change laws and customs to suit my cultural background I would be lind up and shot or stoned to death! And you say we are the racist ones!
kevin_405 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kevin_405 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Jul 2010 at 1:29pm

Please dont compare a persons ability to succeed in canada to getting a drivers license.

I got  my driving license in the US by giving a test in the parking lot and driving at 5 miles per hour on the first attempt.

My wife whose driving today is better than me when i went for the test in US has failed the test 4 times. After spending close to 1000$ for test and over 25 lessons she has basically given up on getting a drivers license. 

I have a good job and so does my wife but having seen other equally capable people fail i can tell u one thing succeeding in canada is not easy for visible minority.

Originally posted by mrstaycation mrstaycation wrote:

Someone told me that he knows an immigrant who failed to pass the driving exam of SAAQ (Quebec) 7 times. It's only the 8th time that he succeeded.
Problem: he was driving in his original country for more than 10 years, and during the exams he was recurring the same driving habits he developed there. It's only after 7 failures that he accepted the fact that he needed to adapt to the Canadian driving standards and took driving lessons.
Everyone should make the effort to adapt to the country we move to, it's not easy but with perseverance there's a place for all immigrants in this big promising country.

Originally posted by canvis2006 canvis2006 wrote:

This writer Ghulam Rasool,

i bet he had a nice paying govt job in his country where he did nothing much but shuffle paper all day. Now he has to actually work hard for the money so he writes a big letter of complains.
Anyone who has issues with finding work should improve their skills first and become qualified as per Canadian standards before expecting a nice job...

Edited by kevin_405 - 05 Jul 2010 at 1:34pm
Lina_Mississauga View Drop Down
Average Member
Average Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lina_Mississauga Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Jun 2010 at 9:08pm
I can’t stand this melancholically spread out attitudes. Is the situation any better overseas, under seas, above seas, anywhere in the world??? Why not mentioning the absence of human rights in our countries, countries of origin where there is no dignity, where you get robbed by authorities and won’t dare to say a bit, where jobs are being gotten through bribery, toady and bootlick! Where the prices are going higher and people poorer, Where you spend all you have in case you need a hospital, and no guarantee the doctor will care about your life more than your money, where you can’t stop thinking a millisecond about the future of your children, education is poor, teachers are in lack of conscience and common sense when it comes to how to treat children, slapping, hitting and kicking, is that what we want our children to be in? No democracy, dictatorial governments and if you say one word you’ll get lost. Why my decedents should face all this garbage life. In two years we got a CBTax as much as the money we brought to Canada. Just be thankful Ghulam Rassol and stop complaining, or you can get back to your country and leave a space for someone else.
Applied and acknowledgment letter July 2008 transferred to Mississauga March 2009 test July 2009,RQ July 2009 Quality assurance interview with immigration official June 2010 Oath first week July 2010
sweetnovember View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sweetnovember Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Jun 2010 at 8:50pm
Guys...the article is not his personal story. OP please edit the subject and post.

iwannabecanuck View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote iwannabecanuck Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Jun 2010 at 2:16pm
I landed a job in my profession within 3 months (IT).  I have been working in my profession since then (different employers).  All this without "Canadian" training/education.  I feel I don't get paid as much as someone who has the "Canadian" training/education but that is something I could change really easilly by getting further training here.  This is someting I intend to do at my own liesure... no rush.  I guess part of this is just a matter of research before coming over and keeping an open, positive and realistic outlook.  I came here NOT EXPECTING to work in my profession.  I was ready to get any kind of work and considered the possibility that I will not again be able to work in IT.  I was willing to do this of course and that is why I came.  I agree though with the part where the prospective immigrant is misled by these consultants and even the canadian government. when planning to do something majore (like buying a car, house... immigrating)  do your homework before commiting yourself.
dacobru View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dacobru Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Jun 2010 at 12:14pm

ohh. no the denial stage.... things are not good,

Yea I know this is not yours, Big smile 

Well I believe that everybody can build whatever they want.

I came 4 years ago, and started working in a factory making 9.50 per hour; there, I met other immigrants; some with PhD and other higher qualifications. They already were there for a couple of years. When I asked them Why there were there for so long; they said that they don't want to take any responsibility in their roles, they want an easy life.

Now after four years, I am working in my profession, making good money, already bought my house and have stable live, but the other immigrants which I still have contact with. They keep working in the same factory making a fantastic 13 $/hr, and complaining about life.

Well, I believe everybody build their own destiny, and need to accept what they do.

Beaver View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Beaver Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Jun 2010 at 11:57am
ROFL! LOL

Maybe you should edit the original post with an introduction to minimize confusion, Ben.

Originally posted by Ben2009 Ben2009 wrote:

decobru, this article is not mine please. I read it somewhere and posted it dont relate it to me. I am ok and happy here lol

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>
  Share Topic