Canada Immigration and Visa Discussion Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Canada Immigration Topics > Family Class Sponsorship
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Bad News...

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 8>
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tunisianbride Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Bad News...
    Posted: 25 Jun 2010 at 9:43am
Well, I finally got my answer and it isn't good.   Cry  I just found out less than one hour ago, that my husband was 'refused'!  He got his letter today.  He called me first and then we went online together while he opened the small brown envelope.   I had a very bad feeling before he opened this letter, because I just woke up from a bad dream in which I was dreaming that he was refused and I was crying.  My dream became a nightmare when he told me what the letter said.  I still can't believe it.  I'm at work now and I don't know how I will get through the day.  I sent in so much proof, we had a big tunisian wedding with lots of photos, we chatted almost every day in Skype and MSN since we met in September 2008 and I sent in all this proof too along with loads of proof of daily text messages and phone calls.  But, that didn't convince them that our marriage was real.  OMG....my worse nightmare has become a reality.  UnhappyAnyways, I have to keep telling myself that this isn't the end of the world and life goes on.  Yes, I will appeal because I can't give up because I know my husband loves me and I love him more than anything in this world.  I guess I will be joining the appeal thread now.  Anyways, good luck to everyone else out there who is still waiting for their decision.  I sincerely hope you don't have to go thru what I'm going thru now. 
Oct.08/09-Appl.sent CPC-M
Nov.04/09-Approved
Dec.29/09-ECAS 'in process'
Jan.07/10-AOR-Paris
Apr.19/10-interview May 5th
Jun.15/10-Decision Made
Jun.25/10-'Refused'!
peachy871 View Drop Down
Average Member
Average Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote peachy871 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Jun 2010 at 9:57am
Oh, tunisianbride, I am so sorry to hear that!! What a horrible disappointment! What reason did they give for not approving? Did they just not believe it to be a valid marriage? Fight it until you win it, girl! Lots of us on here are rooting for you!

You may be joining the appeal thread now but hopefully, soon enough, you will be back on this thread with good news about your appeal! Saying lots of prayers for you!
Peachy
lg107 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lg107 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Jun 2010 at 10:04am
I'm really sorry to hear of your bad news. B'cas we're all in the same boat here, we all feel your pain. So sorry for you both. Take care! 
App.sent 25/3/10
Sponsorship apprd 30/4/10
In process 14/05/10
RPRF requested 10/6/10
Paid RPRF 12/6/10
Meds rec'd 24/06/10
DECISION MADE 6/07/10
PPR 13/07/10
Visa rec'd 3/08/10
Landed 20/08/10
Patience Tuesday View Drop Down
Average Member
Average Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Patience Tuesday Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Jun 2010 at 11:23am
Heartfelt sympathy.   Grieve, certainly.  Then figure out why you fine folk were given such a harsh statement and appeal so we get a different answer next time.  Stay strong!
*hugs*
audball View Drop Down
Top Member
Top Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote audball Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Jun 2010 at 11:39am
I'm so so sorry. That's really horrible. I can't believe your proof didn't convince them that you're genuinely a loving couple.

This sounds ridiculous and I hope the appeal sets them straight.
mcneil View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mcneil Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Jun 2010 at 11:41am
Thats terrible! I'm sorry to hear that.  Good Luck!
mrkplm2 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mrkplm2 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Jun 2010 at 11:45am
i am sorry it is sad...we got more or less the same kind of refusal but only because they said that the sponsor (he s a PR and not a citizen) was not living in Canada during the process. (it is not true because he was working at the Canadian government since the application has been sent).

which are your reasons? you have all my support
lonely View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lonely Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Jun 2010 at 11:58am
I am very disturbed about this decision. They tell us that Canadians are free well I guess this goes to show that we are not. We have to leave our lives in the hands of a suit and tie to determine whether or not our marriages are true. I guess they don't care because it is not their hearts being broken and their lives being destroyed.  this shows me exactly what our so called government and immigration workers are capable of. To these  people we are just a number and have no voice or opinion when it comes to being with the ones we love enough to marry. So in all this I am so heart broken and upset because with all your info and proof you were still denied so to me that gives me the impression that I to will be dealing with this in a few months. Angry I am so sorry and will be here to talk to.
SCsquare View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SCsquare Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Jun 2010 at 12:07pm
I m so sorry to hear abt the descision.. i was really wishing that it would be a positive outcome.. but dont losse heart... its a well known saying "Try  Try till u succeed"
my wishes r with u..

App Sent cpc-m - 28th Aug 09
Sponsorship App - 17th Nov 09
AOR from buffalo - 14th Dec 09
Interview Scheduled - 21st Jul 10
Passport requested , aprroved n passport received - 21st July 2010
UKtoCAN View Drop Down
Average Member
Average Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote UKtoCAN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Jun 2010 at 12:08pm
This is a sad story and a horrible situation.

Folks I am thinnking she should re - apply instead of appealing as i thik the appeal process takes longer to come though

tunisabride, did they give you any particular reason as to why they are refusing you. Please share.

Why dont you re - apply again it might take 6 - 7 months and make sure you compile more strong evidence again. I know you feel terrible but we are all keeping our fingers cross for you.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 8>
  Share Topic