FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Bad News...

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 5678>
Author
Message Reverse Sort Order
audball View Drop Down
Top Member
Top Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote audball Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Jun 2010 at 1:34pm
If we can do anything at all to help, let us know. We all want to help you as much as possible
tunisianbride View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tunisianbride Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Jun 2010 at 1:28pm

The refusal letter that came to my husband today, was in French, and since I don't speak French, he read it himself first, then told me he was refused.  I didn't have long to talk to him this morning because I had to get to work, but I will be talking to him later today and I will see then if he can tell me anymore about what the letter says, but I imagine, it is because they don't believe our marriage is genuine.  Even though I knew this could happen, it's still a shock and you're never really prepared for this.  I have this philosophy, that when things really get you down and don't go your way, remember, things can always be worse, and there are a lot of other people in this world, and probably in this forum, who have it a lot worse than I do. 

Anyways, I would like to thank everyone for their support and best wishes - you people are really great and I really mean that!  (I guess you guys will all be stuck with me for a long time to come too)   Thanks again.
Oct.08/09-Appl.sent CPC-M
Nov.04/09-Approved
Dec.29/09-ECAS 'in process'
Jan.07/10-AOR-Paris
Apr.19/10-interview May 5th
Jun.15/10-Decision Made
Jun.25/10-'Refused'!
justina View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote justina Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Jun 2010 at 1:16pm
tunisianbride

im so sorry to hear it!! i hope whichever decision you make to reapply or appeal is successful! This is such a tough process for everyone involved.
Saya View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Saya Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Jun 2010 at 12:35pm

I'm sorry about the outcome. It's so stupid and makes me mad that it's up to one person to deterime one's fate. This is a step that seriously need to be revaluated! I'm sorry that you have to go through this.

Meds - Apr 13/10
App rec'd CPC-M - Apr 21/10
Sponsor Aprvd - May 27/10
App In Process/Meds Rec'd - Jun 16/10
DM - July 27/10
PPR via Email - Aug 4/10
PP w/ VISA - Aug 24/10
CommonLaw - London
scylla View Drop Down
Top Member
Top Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote scylla Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Jun 2010 at 12:13pm
I'm so sorry... I can't imagine what you must be feeling right now.
Outland Spousal (Buffalo):
App recd: 05/28/2010
Sponsor approved: 06/28/2010
Processing started: 08/19/2010
Passport request: 10/01/2010
Landed: 10/05/2010
UKtoCAN View Drop Down
Average Member
Average Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote UKtoCAN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Jun 2010 at 12:08pm
This is a sad story and a horrible situation.

Folks I am thinnking she should re - apply instead of appealing as i thik the appeal process takes longer to come though

tunisabride, did they give you any particular reason as to why they are refusing you. Please share.

Why dont you re - apply again it might take 6 - 7 months and make sure you compile more strong evidence again. I know you feel terrible but we are all keeping our fingers cross for you.
SCsquare View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SCsquare Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Jun 2010 at 12:07pm
I m so sorry to hear abt the descision.. i was really wishing that it would be a positive outcome.. but dont losse heart... its a well known saying "Try  Try till u succeed"
my wishes r with u..

App Sent cpc-m - 28th Aug 09
Sponsorship App - 17th Nov 09
AOR from buffalo - 14th Dec 09
Interview Scheduled - 21st Jul 10
Passport requested , aprroved n passport received - 21st July 2010
lonely View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lonely Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Jun 2010 at 11:58am
I am very disturbed about this decision. They tell us that Canadians are free well I guess this goes to show that we are not. We have to leave our lives in the hands of a suit and tie to determine whether or not our marriages are true. I guess they don't care because it is not their hearts being broken and their lives being destroyed.  this shows me exactly what our so called government and immigration workers are capable of. To these  people we are just a number and have no voice or opinion when it comes to being with the ones we love enough to marry. So in all this I am so heart broken and upset because with all your info and proof you were still denied so to me that gives me the impression that I to will be dealing with this in a few months. Angry I am so sorry and will be here to talk to.
mrkplm2 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mrkplm2 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Jun 2010 at 11:45am
i am sorry it is sad...we got more or less the same kind of refusal but only because they said that the sponsor (he s a PR and not a citizen) was not living in Canada during the process. (it is not true because he was working at the Canadian government since the application has been sent).

which are your reasons? you have all my support
mcneil View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mcneil Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Jun 2010 at 11:41am
Thats terrible! I'm sorry to hear that.  Good Luck!
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 5678>
  Share Topic