Canada Immigration and Visa Discussion Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Canada Immigration Topics > Family Class Sponsorship
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Guarantor's Letter

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
Message Reverse Sort Order
Felix07Richerd View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Felix07Richerd Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Guarantor's Letter
    Posted: 21 Jun 2011 at 8:52am
sami55 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sami55 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Aug 2010 at 9:34pm
great be happy
wishing you well
Ken B View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ken B Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Aug 2010 at 5:35pm
It did! Thanks sami! That even answered a question I didn't think to ask, neat! Tongue
Oh, I don't think they ever say that you NEED a notarised guarantor's letter, but it does feel more official that way, which probably couldn't hurt chances right?
sami55 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sami55 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Aug 2010 at 10:58pm
Kenb

I hope this helped you
sami55 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sami55 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Aug 2010 at 11:42am

also plenty info here

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/applications/guides/5551E2.asp

IF YOU ARE HUSBAND AND WIFE why do you need notarised copies of documents??/?? who says you need that ? where does it say that ?
sami55 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sami55 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Aug 2010 at 11:33am
get the bank to write a letter of balance and include statements
that will be free
sami55 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sami55 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Aug 2010 at 11:32am
FIRST OF ALL you are not saying what type of visa you got ? i am assuming visitor (not student etc) and the reason WHY ? (i am assuming Pending spousal PR application )

check this out and do this. http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/applications/guides/5551E.asp

What information do I need to apply for an extension of temporary status?
1.Full details of why you want to stay longer;
2.Proof of identity;
3.Proof of current status in Canada;
4.Evidence of how you will support yourself or be supported in Canada and how you will pay for transportation to leave Canada, such as:
◦Guarantor’s letter;
◦Bank statement indicating name of account holder and account number; or
◦Details of how you intend to leave Canada including the date, time and type of transportation.
YOU do NOT NEED the guarantors letter to be notarised. you dont even have to send it in if you submit other things..SAVE YOUR MONEY.
I also strogly aver that you do NOT have to show flows. they just want to see the balance to make sure that you have the financial power to support your stay and take care of funeral/ repatriation etc if you die or get depaorted....they dont want to see monies going in or out...so it does not matter if the account is joint or not or WHEN IT BECAME JOINT....they just want to see the balance and it is accessible for you.
why do you need the other thing notarised? what type of relationship are you in??? your solicitor should be good enf to tell u this ...why cant he write this.?..
if your partner is working include her payslips .

write this dont have to be notarised..
This is a letter in support of my wife/ husband wooshes visa ext appl.I am ready wllng an able to support and take fll respnsblty for his her stay here in Canada as and whenever I am rqd/ obligated to do so
without any recourse to public funds. I am a doctor etc..and I have sufficient funds and stable income to fulfil this undertkng. i hereby take respnsbty for cost of his her contingent repatrtin /funeral etc without any recorse to publc fnds . Please allow our application

your partners employer letter would also help...

Ken B View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ken B Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Aug 2010 at 2:14pm
So going for a lawyer would be the best way to go? My girlfriend is currently applying for her visa extension and I was wondering about the Guarantor's letter. I couldn't find anything but stuff for apartment rentals either, and I like to think I did a thorough search myself...
Woosh View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Woosh Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Jun 2010 at 9:28pm
Yup! Just trying to make as tight a case as possible. We talked to a lawyer who said he will draft and notarize a Guarantor's Letter (And a Statutory Declaration in regards to my husband's former common law partner--for the PR app)for $30. Does this sound right?

Do you have any other advice?
audball View Drop Down
Top Member
Top Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote audball Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Jun 2010 at 2:11pm
What do you need it for? Your husband to say he'll support you?
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic