Canada Immigration and Visa Discussion Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Canada Immigration Topics > Family Class Sponsorship
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

PARENTS SPONSORSHIP from NEW DELHI office

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 135136137138139 140>
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rickykumar3 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Jun 2013 at 3:50pm
hi, I applied for my parents in June2009. They were in Dubai at that time. The file got transferred to New Delhi in August 2012. We just received a letter by email to submit passports with a bunch of other requirements.

I would appreciate if someone could advise if the processing will be in AbuDhabi (local post for Dubai) or India. They have been in Dubai for 13 years. If processing will be in AbuDhabi, will the file be transferred and will that take additional time?)

The Embassy has asked for the medicals, and the medicals are valid for 10 months, So do you think they may ask fr medicals again if they do not process within this time.

Will we be subjected to new income level (I guess they have increased) the income levels recently, or we will be fine as per the old specifications.

They are asking for marriage certificate, and they got married 50 years ago. Will a affidavit or certificte from Indian Embassy suffize?

Thanks

user828 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote user828 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Jun 2013 at 9:24pm
Your LVO is now New Delhi so medicals and passport will be sent there
You are not subject to new income rules
Affidavit will do
rickykumar3 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rickykumar3 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Jun 2013 at 10:19pm
Hi user82,

Thanks for responding. Since the passports cannot be mailed outside the country, do they have to travel to India to get the visa stamped??

Can they present the passports in AbuDhabi??  What if any Indian is permanently residing outside the county. Does he/she Has to travel back to India to get the visa??
pmm View Drop Down
Top Member
Top Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pmm Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Jun 2013 at 10:59pm
Hi

Originally posted by rickykumar3 rickykumar3 wrote:

Hi user82,Thanks for responding. Since the passports cannot be mailed outside the country, do they have to travel to India to get the visa stamped??Can they present the passports in AbuDhabi??  What if any Indian is permanently residing outside the county. Does he/she Has to travel back to India to get the visa??

1. No, they can't be stamped in Abu Dhabi. If you wanted that, then AD should have been selected as the visa office, if eligible.
2. They will either have to take them themselves, or authorize someone to take them for them.
PMM

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rickykumar3 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Jun 2013 at 11:35pm
Can the case be transferred to Abu Dhabi?

Is that possible at all?

and if possible will that add a long time to the processing in your opinion?

They are permanent residents in Dubai and as a matter of fact have been out of India for over 10 years. Not sure as to why the case was sent to India in first place. There was not even any India Address in the application.  The issue is that the Embassy holds the passport for many months. and they have to travel in and out of Dubai due to other family commitments. 
pmm View Drop Down
Top Member
Top Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pmm Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Jun 2013 at 2:41pm
Hi

Originally posted by rickykumar3 rickykumar3 wrote:

Can the case be transferred to Abu Dhabi? Is that possible at all? and if possible will that add a long time to the processing in your opinion?They are permanent residents in Dubai and as a matter of fact have been out of India for over 10 years. Not sure as to why the case was sent to India in first place. There was not even any India Address in the application.  The issue is that the Embassy holds the passport for many months. and they have to travel in and out of Dubai due to other family commitments. 

No, it can't be transferred. CIC will only transfer files for "the integrity of the program." When they completed the application, they should have selected AD as they had been admitted for more than a year.
PMM

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rickykumar3 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Jun 2013 at 12:17am
Yes, we Did mention their local (and infact only) address was in Dubai. I am unsure why the file has been transferred to Delhi. The only time they were in India was 15 year ago and India was only the past address. they had been in AbuDhabi for over 3 years (and ever since) the application was submitted.

I was under the impression that the file went to ND as they were Indian Nationals. But that again, should not be criteria as Indian nationals could be anywhere in the world, and not everyone's application will go to ND.

Could it be sent to ND by error?
aad809 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aad809 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Jun 2013 at 9:29am
its so frustrating that after 6 years we are still waiting for the visa. I really dont know what to do now. I have made several MP enquiries but every time we get their general response that they are doing further checks.

Does MP Enquiry delayed the process?

Edited by aad809 - 09 Jun 2013 at 9:43am
CPC M- Aug 2007
Delhi: Jan 2011
1st Med- Dec 2011
Finger prints: Nov 2013
2nd medical: Feb 2013
user828 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote user828 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Jun 2013 at 5:27pm
Once it there, you can't do much as they won't transfer. I guess, someone will need to take passport and mail it to delhi, I hope you have Indian mailing address, as it will be only mailed in India, then go back and pick it up
user828 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote user828 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Jun 2013 at 5:28pm
Best is order GCMS notes and see the progress of your file 

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 135136137138139 140>
  Share Topic