Canada Immigration and Visa Discussion Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Canada Immigration Topics > Family Class Sponsorship
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - change of address of residency - common law pt 2
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

change of address of residency - common law pt 2

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mrkplm2 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: change of address of residency - common law pt 2
    Posted: 22 Jun 2010 at 8:22am
Hi Guys 
first of all I would like to thank all the people that give me useful suggestions concerning my case. (it  is under the common law pt 2).
I have sent an email to Rome visa office and Mississauga on Friday, saying that my partner s address has changed, from Quebec (where we sent the application in december) to toronto (on june 1st).He s going to work in toronto for 1 year. in the email we emphasized that we want to come back to Quebec after that. 

as you know there are some immigration documents (2) that are different from quebec to the rest of canada
quebec does not have the imm 5481 and imm5409 but 
Quebec HAS three other ones and also additional fees (250 dollars) to pay.

both you people and the ones from the immigration phone number suggested me that considering that my application has been sent in december and we are almost at the end of the processing time (rome takes 5 months on average, and we are on the 3rd) they may not ask me nothing.

or, I have two questions
i have sent this email (with the address change) on friday, and I receive no feedback from rome or mississauga. do you think it means that htey won t need any additional documents? or maybe it s too early and they did not update anything. On the immigration website when you change the address it says that it takes 15 days . So what do you think?

we have prepared all the additional imm files in case they will ask us. so let s wait. 
waht i don t want is that the process will slow down. really. do you think it will?

also, here in toronto we have additional proofs, such as a lease under both names and also we opened a joint bank account. plus, telephones on the same address. do you think I should send these proofs to rome as showing even more (we sent 5 kg of stuff before) the genuineness of our relationship or maybe waiting for them to ask me more?
my partner was in rome one month ago and he went to the emabssy to ask some info,. he asked the woman on the immigration counter if she wanted some more proofs and she said not at the moment. some people in the forum say that is better to send more proofs while other say no, because it will slow down the process. so please let me know what do you think.

the only thing i don t want is to slow down the process..
thanks a lot

Saya View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Saya Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Jun 2010 at 9:54am
I would suggest keeping it on hand. If they require more proof they will ask for it or ask for an interview. In either case you will have it ready to go. If they don't ask for either then most likey they've received a sufficiant amount already and it will be in your favour.
Meds - Apr 13/10
App rec'd CPC-M - Apr 21/10
Sponsor Aprvd - May 27/10
App In Process/Meds Rec'd - Jun 16/10
DM - July 27/10
PPR via Email - Aug 4/10
PP w/ VISA - Aug 24/10
CommonLaw - London
mrkplm2 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mrkplm2 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Jun 2010 at 9:59am
thank you saya
I just  received an email from rome embassy
they only says 

documents pickup
this is to inform you that your application has now been assessed and concluded.
Please arrange for the pick-up of your documents by a courier within the next 7 working days.
You must instruct the courier company that the envelope addressed to you is available at the Reception of the Visa Section of the Canadian Embassy and must be collected from Monday to Thursday (our office is closed to public on Fridays) between 2:00 pm and 4:00 pm. You should also inform them that the envelope will not be released without your name and surname.

what  does it mean??
i mean they only want to give the documents back but nothing concerning the passport?
is it normal?
or is it something bad happening>?
audball View Drop Down
Top Member
Top Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote audball Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Jun 2010 at 12:47pm
have you submitted your passport yet?
mrkplm2 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mrkplm2 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Jun 2010 at 12:56pm
that s the weird thing.,.,..
it s the only email i received from them...no passport asked...
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic