Canada Immigration and Visa Discussion Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Canada Immigration Topics > Family Class Sponsorship
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

A Student Visa a redflag for Family Program

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote madeitbc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: A Student Visa a redflag for Family Program
    Posted: 27 Feb 2018 at 7:08pm

I would like to see if I can get some advice her. I am a native born Canadian, and I am engaged to a Russian woman who I have been dating for 2 years. We are doing a marriage contract, and once that is done we will be married. At that time we will be doing a Family Reunification Program to bring her, and her 18 year old son to Canada.

Our immediate concern is we would like to get the 18 year old young man into a school here in Canada. Be aware that his existing school year in Russia ends in June, of this year. If he does not continue into school this fall, he will have to join the Russian army for 2 years.

I am aware of the Student Visa in Canada, and I would think that would be a good choice. But I have been told by an Immigration Consultant, that this may not be a good choice, as the long term goal here is to have a Family Reunification application; and the Canadian government may not look kindly on bringing him over earlier on a Student Visa.

So my questions are

·         Do you agree with the Consultant on that the Canadian government may have concerns, on him using a Student Visa, with our long term goal been Family Reunification?

·         What would you do in these circumstances?

Thanks for your help beforehand

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic