Canada Immigration and Visa Discussion Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Canada Visa / Temporary Entry Topics > Work Visa
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Question about Misrepresentation

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mastermullen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Question about Misrepresentation
    Posted: 26 Feb 2018 at 6:31am
Hi, I only have 3 days left to submit my application so please could somebody help me with this.

I am applying for the IEC. As a 14 year old I was taken in by the police for possession of a small amount of marijuana - at the time I did not remember this as an official arrest or reprimand. Last year I obtained an ETA and declared on the form for the ETA that I had never been arrested or cautioned.

After getting my Police Certificate for the IEC form I have realized it says 'No live Trace' and after speaking to the authorities I have worked out that I most likely was arrested at the time and given a formal reprimand that has stayed on my record. My Subject Access data is on its way now so i will know for sure.

I have explained all this thoroughly in my Letter of Explanation attached to my IEC application. However I am worried that I will be accused of misrepresentation (it says if i misrepresented myself without realizing that I am doing so it should still lead to the rejection of my application) and that could result in rejection or even a future ban from the country. I am extremely worried about this as my girlfriend lives over there and this is a big deal for us. 

The event occurred when I was a child and I never gave it much thought after, and I simply misremembered it. I am being honest and open as I can in the application now. If I submit, does anyone have any idea if I may still be accepted? Or am I now doomed because of my previous ETA application? Do they always compare the two? 

Please help.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic