Canada Immigration and Visa Discussion Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Canada Immigration Topics > Family Class Sponsorship
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Wishing to retire

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Servibabe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Wishing to retire
    Posted: 06 Feb 2018 at 7:20am
My husband and I want to retire to BC. My husband retires from the metropolitan police in 2020 with a full pension. We will be early 50's. We will have 3 dependant children (under 22). We will have about £500,000+ and have my husbands brother and family living in Manitobo where they became citizens after emigrating 15 years ago. What are our options? Finding it difficult to find the correct visa to apply for.
pmm View Drop Down
Top Member
Top Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pmm Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Feb 2018 at 2:52pm
Hi

Originally posted by Servibabe Servibabe wrote:

My husband and I want to retire to BC. My husband retires from the metropolitan police in 2020 with a full pension. We will be early 50's. We will have 3 dependant children (under 22). We will have about £500,000+ and have my husbands brother and family living in Manitobo where they became citizens after emigrating 15 years ago. What are our options? Finding it difficult to find the correct visa to apply for.

1. Canada doesn't have a "retiree" category.
2. Without a job offer, it is unlikely that you would qualify for Emigration. You can try the Express Entry calculator to determine if you are able to apply. http://onlineservices-servicesenligne.cic.gc.ca/eapp/eapp.do
PMM
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic