Canada Immigration and Visa Discussion Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Canada Immigration Topics > Skilled Worker / Independent Immigration
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Immigration to Canada from the United Kingdom

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dale Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Immigration to Canada from the United Kingdom
    Posted: 05 Feb 2018 at 7:22pm
Looking for direction please, I am looking to immigrate to Canada from the UK April this year, I have tried to research which forms I need to fill in, I have the current IMM 0008 but feel that there must be more.
I have a job offer in BC with 24 years experience in my trade, I will be coming with my 16 year old daughter.
My NOC code is 0731 but this is as much information as I have.

Please could someone tell me straight, which forms I need to fill in to work and live permanently ? 
Dale M McMahon
pmm View Drop Down
Top Member
Top Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pmm Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Feb 2018 at 2:47pm
Hi

Originally posted by Dale Dale wrote:

Looking for direction please, I am looking to immigrate to Canada from the UK April this year, I have tried to research which forms I need to fill in, I have the current IMM 0008 but feel that there must be more.
I have a job offer in BC with 24 years experience in my trade, I will be coming with my 16 year old daughter.
My NOC code is 0731 but this is as much information as I have.

Please could someone tell me straight, which forms I need to fill in to work and live permanently ? 

1. Is your job offer an approved LMIA, which would allow you to apply for a work permit first? If not you are going to have apply through the Express Entry. See: https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/immigrate-canada/express-entry.html
2. Without the job offer you will need to qualify with 67 points out of 100, before you can submit an application to the Candidate pool. Lately you would require a score of 440+ to receive an invitation to apply for Immigration. Determine your approximate score here by using the Comprehensive Ranking System: http://tinyurl.com/y8ymxm2w
3. You can estimate the points for your English language ability.
4. You are also going to have you education evaluated by one of the independent companies, before you can apply for the pool.
5. If you are accepted and issued an ITA the processing time is approximately 6 months.
6. You are going to have to prove sole custody of the daughter or permission from the mother to remove her from the UK as well.
7. You will have to get police certificates from every country where you have resided for 6 months or more ac cumulatively since the age of 18 and have a medical if you are accepted.
8. Has your prospective employer explored the BC Provincial Nomination Program? https://www.welcomebc.ca/Immigrate-to-B-C
PMM
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic