Canada Immigration and Visa Discussion Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Canada Immigration Topics > Family Class Sponsorship
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Representative

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jcalm1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Representative
    Posted: 18 Jun 2010 at 10:58pm
I am planning to sponsor my wife from China to Canada.  Her English is really limited and in the Family Class Sponsorship form package, there is a form for Representative.  I am thinking to represent her that way all her mail from CIC will come to me and I can to tell her what she needs to do.  The only thing I am afraid of is if CIC send her something to sign, i would have to mail it to her which might be weeks to get to her.  Is it a good idea to represent her?  Does CIC ever send her anything to sign after submitted the applications?  Or if CIC send her something, would it also send a copy to her representative as well? I am so confused.  Hope you guys can help me.  Thanks
audball View Drop Down
Top Member
Top Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote audball Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Jun 2010 at 11:38pm
CIC could very well send her things to sign. You USUALLY have 30 days to return the form.

You could list your address as the mailing address so correspondence comes to you in Canada. But it's really less complicated to have it go to her since she's in china so mailing will be faster if it stays within China. Does she have any relatives or close friends who know english? If not, she could scan the documents and send you the pictures to read and translate for her.

I'm not sure if using a representative means both get copies or just the representative. I THINK the representative as I have seen members say that their lawyers got responses for them. But I'll let someone who has used a representative to say for sure.
boundary47 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote boundary47 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Jun 2010 at 12:43am
My wife in China appointed me as her representative.  I never received a single copy of any correspondence. I'm just guessing at the reason for this - perhaps because her address in China is listed in the forms, or perhaps because she said she is comfortable corresponding in English. But the bottom line is no, as her representative they never consulted me or copied me on any of her correspondence. 
B47
Jan 29 App. sent
Mar 1 Sponsor approved
Mar 9 Passport requested
Mar 24 RPR Fee paid
Apr 15 File under review
Apr 30 Decision made
May 11 Decision mailed
May 13 Visa received
May 20 Landed
jcalm1 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jcalm1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Jun 2010 at 1:46am
Thanks for the replies.  Boundary47, I have a question for you.  Under the Appendix A Document Checklist for Republic of China, on 8. Identity And Civil Status Documents states "Citizens of the People's Republic of China must provide photocopies of all pages of the household register ("hukou")".  My wife only photocopied the page with her name on it.  She skipped the pages with her parents and her two brothers.  It's okay just to have her page or CIC really needs all pages?  Thanks
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic