Canada Immigration and Visa Discussion Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Canada Visa / Temporary Entry Topics > Study Visa
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Student Visa

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Message Reverse Sort Order
Mickey92 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mickey92 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Student Visa
    Posted: 13 Mar 2018 at 11:09am
Hello ,i would like to know how much money is needed to cover my one years studying on Aburtus college in Vancouver
colin View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Immigration Attorney

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote colin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Feb 2018 at 9:10pm
Please note that the one year exclusion you received from Canada is still in effect. This exclusion applies for every type of applications to Immigration Canada.

Once, the one year exclusion is over, your chances of receiving a Study permit will be low as your application for a Visitor visa in Canada as well as your asylum application have already been refused.   Your prior history indicates that you intend to remain in Canada.
Thus, it will be difficult to convince the Immigration officer that you will return to your country after your studies as you already applied for asylum.
Colin Singer, Canada Immigration Lawyer & Managing Partner, immigration.ca
pmm View Drop Down
Top Member
Top Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pmm Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Jan 2018 at 1:57pm
Hi

Originally posted by sujaan sujaan wrote:

<p ="Msonormal"><a name="_GoBack"><span style="font-size:12.0pt;line-height: 107%;font-family:"Calibri Light","sans-serif";mso-ascii-theme-font:major-latin; mso-hansi-theme-font:major-latin">Hi everyone, <o:p></o:p></span></a>

<p ="MsoListParagraphCxSpFirst" style="text-indent:-.25in;mso-list:l0 level1 lfo1"><!--if !supLists--><span style="font-size:12.0pt; line-height:107%;font-family:"Calibri Light","sans-serif";mso-ascii-theme-font: major-latin;mso-fareast-font-family:"Calibri Light";mso-fareast-theme-font: major-latin;mso-hansi-theme-font:major-latin;mso-bidi-font-family:"Calibri Light"; mso-bidi-theme-font:major-latin">1)<span style="font-variant-numeric: normal; font-variant-east-asian: normal; font-stretch: normal; font-size: 7pt; line-height: normal; font-family: "Times New Roman";">      </span></span><!----><span style="font-size:12.0pt;line-height:107%;font-family:"Calibri Light","sans-serif"; mso-ascii-theme-font:major-latin;mso-hansi-theme-font:major-latin">I tried to
get a Canadian visitor’s visa from back home back in March 2017 which was
denied<o:p></o:p></span>

<p ="MsoListParagraphCxSpMiddle" style="text-indent:-.25in;mso-list:l0 level1 lfo1"><!--if !supLists--><span style="font-size:12.0pt; line-height:107%;font-family:"Calibri Light","sans-serif";mso-ascii-theme-font: major-latin;mso-fareast-font-family:"Calibri Light";mso-fareast-theme-font: major-latin;mso-hansi-theme-font:major-latin;mso-bidi-font-family:"Calibri Light"; mso-bidi-theme-font:major-latin">2)<span style="font-variant-numeric: normal; font-variant-east-asian: normal; font-stretch: normal; font-size: 7pt; line-height: normal; font-family: "Times New Roman";">      </span></span><!----><span style="font-size:12.0pt;line-height:107%;font-family:"Calibri Light","sans-serif"; mso-ascii-theme-font:major-latin;mso-hansi-theme-font:major-latin">I came to US
in June with the multiple entry visa and tried to seek asylum in Canada which
was denied and was given a 1-year exclusion order<o:p></o:p></span>

<p ="MsoListParagraphCxSpLast" style="text-indent:-.25in;mso-list:l0 level1 lfo1"><!--if !supLists--><span style="font-size:12.0pt; line-height:107%;font-family:"Calibri Light","sans-serif";mso-ascii-theme-font: major-latin;mso-fareast-font-family:"Calibri Light";mso-fareast-theme-font: major-latin;mso-hansi-theme-font:major-latin;mso-bidi-font-family:"Calibri Light"; mso-bidi-theme-font:major-latin">3)<span style="font-variant-numeric: normal; font-variant-east-asian: normal; font-stretch: normal; font-size: 7pt; line-height: normal; font-family: "Times New Roman";">      </span></span><!----><span style="font-size:12.0pt;line-height:107%;font-family:"Calibri Light","sans-serif"; mso-ascii-theme-font:major-latin;mso-hansi-theme-font:major-latin">I am currently
an asylum seeker in the US with an open case which is pending review<o:p></o:p></span>

<p ="Msonormal"><span style="font-size: 12.0pt;line-height:107%;font-family:"Calibri Light","sans-serif";mso-ascii-theme-font: major-latin;mso-hansi-theme-font:major-latin">Is there any way that I can get a
student visa to Canada if I apply and get accepted to a University/College?
What are my chances of getting the student visa? Will they call me for an
interview? If so, will it take place in the US or back home? Also, where will I
have to go to obtain the visa?<o:p></o:p></span>

<p ="Msonormal"><span style="font-size: 12.0pt;line-height:107%;font-family:"Calibri Light","sans-serif";mso-ascii-theme-font: major-latin;mso-hansi-theme-font:major-latin">Please advise!!!</span><span style="font-size:12.0pt;line-height:107%;font-family:"Calibri Light","sans-serif"; mso-ascii-theme-font:major-latin;mso-hansi-theme-font:major-latin"><o:p></o:p></span>

1. Pretty close to 0, a previous refusal, a failed refugee claim, exclusion refugee claim in US, indicates that you have an intention of remaining permanently in Canada.
PMM
sujaan View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sujaan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jan 2018 at 3:52pm

Hi everyone,

1)      I tried to get a Canadian visitor’s visa from back home back in March 2017 which was denied

2)      I came to US in June with the multiple entry visa and tried to seek asylum in Canada which was denied and was given a 1-year exclusion order

3)      I am currently an asylum seeker in the US with an open case which is pending review

Is there any way that I can get a student visa to Canada if I apply and get accepted to a University/College? What are my chances of getting the student visa? Will they call me for an interview? If so, will it take place in the US or back home? Also, where will I have to go to obtain the visa?

Please advise!!!

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic