Canada Immigration and Visa Discussion Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Canada Immigration Topics > Family Class Sponsorship
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

CIC Scarborough

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 39404142>
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bhavijaan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Aug 2010 at 9:32am

Hey Huma,

We haven't received my wifes PR card as of yet.  Still waiting Unhappy

Inland spousal sponsorship app submitted April 6th 2009
First stage approval: Sept 09
OWP: Nov 09
Decision made: April 12th
Landed at Scarborough CIC: June 30th
PR card received: August 25th
huma View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote huma Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Aug 2010 at 3:59am
Hi bhavijan
can u let me know plz whenever u get ur pr card.

thx
bhavijaan View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bhavijaan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Aug 2010 at 10:07am

Hi Huma,

We received my wifes PR card yesterday (August 25th).

Thanks

Inland spousal sponsorship app submitted April 6th 2009
First stage approval: Sept 09
OWP: Nov 09
Decision made: April 12th
Landed at Scarborough CIC: June 30th
PR card received: August 25th
Nevergiveup View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nevergiveup Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Aug 2010 at 9:06pm
Hello All and thanks you for your help.
Does anyone know a bit what the waiting time in East Quebec (Sherbrooke) looks like. My file has ben transfered there from a different province. Does CIC (Nation Wide) consider the time a file has previously been waiting in another province or do they just consider it from the time they receive it at a local CIC? 
huma View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote huma Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Sep 2010 at 6:35am
Anyone knows do i need pr card to get visa for states.Actually i have confirnation of perm resd guys do u think that will be enough to apply for visa?
mfeq View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mfeq Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Sep 2010 at 1:16pm

I have been on this discussion forum for likely about 2 years and decided to take a break sometime last year while we waited for my husband's pending PR application to come through.  But today, I bring good news after years of waiting and living with so much uncertainties. 

My husband has been scheduled for a landing interview on October 20th.

I sponsored my husband in July 2007 as common-law, inland.
He was a failed refugee claimant and he received a removal order effective end of June 2009, few months after we got married.
I sent CIC Scarborough office a formal withdrawal of inland sponsorship prior to his last day of legally allowed to be in Canada so that I may submit an outbound sponsorship.
CIC expedited to issue our AIP on June 19, 2009 and the removal order was stayed.

We bought a house which we are waiting to be completed by December 2010, got ourselves a new car this past summer and started exploring for both of us to upgrade ourselves with further education.

We decided after the removal order was stayed last year that we were going to live our lives day-to-day without thinking much of the pending PR decision and just enjoy as things came to us.  

I wish everybody who are still waiting for the final decision that you allow yourselves the gift of less worrying and more of simply enjoying life a little bit more.  Positive thinking goes a long way.

I've been a nervous wreck since I met my husband, in fear that everything we wished for our future would just be snatched away --- and it almost was with the delivery of the removal order --- but if you know that your application is genuine and all information provided are complete and accurate and there are no reasons for inadmissability, practice of patience will be your best friend to get through the whole process.

Cheers and good luck to all !!!
babyboy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote babyboy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Sep 2010 at 6:46pm
APPLICATION Transferred to CIC SCARBOROUGH LOCAL OFFICE

Hi Guys!!!

I just want to share my timeline:

Application Sent February 2008
AIP August 2009
landing December 2009.

Applying for My citizenship Next Year :)

HISTORY: I was a refugee Claimant  (NOVEMBER 2006) and Withdrawn the Application after i got Married to My spouse.

Interview was waived :) Now I'm happy with our Lives.. I was just In Cuba this July and Will be in Europe this November :)

Edited by babyboy - 29 Sep 2010 at 6:46pm
geronimo1 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote geronimo1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Sep 2010 at 8:42pm
So, here's the story at my local immigration office (Scarborough)...
Today, I decided to drop by unannounced to see if I could find out how much longer do I have to wait on my COPR appointment letter... only to find out that the office does not look as busy as I thought it would look. I expected to see it busy as when you go for a driver's license or for a SIN card or a Health card... nice long lines, busy, busy... Instead I see this rather large waiting room with few people waiting at 2 pm. No COPR's because they were alone (no sponsors with them), I assume.
I then show my Vegreville Decision Made letter to the chap attending the front desk. He didn't even read my letter, nor he pretended to care. His answer was confined to an uncertain long wait (he said I should be receiving a letter in the mail between 3 and 5 months from the date the Vegreville letter shows)...
So, I guess I can kiss that trip back home for xmas to see my parents and sister and everybody good-bye instead.
I am however grateful to be waiting and waiting in-land united with my wife and our daughter and enjoying the great canadian season's change, my personal favorite...
I hope many of you got good mail this week, any news???...
Cheers, my fellow in-landers.

Edited by geronimo1 - 29 Sep 2010 at 8:50pm
huma View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote huma Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Oct 2010 at 6:25am
 8 weeks over now still i m waiting for my pr cards.
huma View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote huma Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Oct 2010 at 4:31pm
hi aslan ,
               when did u get ur pr card?
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 39404142>
  Share Topic