Canada Immigration and Visa Discussion Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Canada Immigration Topics > Family Class Sponsorship
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

CIC Scarborough

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 3839404142>
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote admissiblebrit Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Jul 2010 at 1:19pm

Looks like you're at final review stage, at your next brought forward date if all the documents are recieved they'll make the final determination.  For me it took close to 5 weeks from submitting the last thing they required to recieving the decision.

But if they are requesting fingerprints there maybe background checks to complete which could take a couple of months
The $490 fee is the right of permanent residence fee, everyone has to pay this to land in canada

Edited by admissiblebrit - 28 Jul 2010 at 1:20pm
Sadhu View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sadhu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Jul 2010 at 2:30pm
COngrats Farah,

This is a formal letter saying what checks have been completed and which ones are not. Looks like your Background Check is pending which might take anywhere from 3-6months. Mine took 6 months (so speaking out of experience). Also, your Police check is pending thats y they have asked for fingerprints.

$490 is the landing fee which is paid when you land and enter canada as a PR. THis is different from the application fee which is $550 and you must have paid this initially.

Apart from all - your recent photos.

Luckily Meds have passed so it won't delay.

BC check is done by them.
PC - you will have to get it done. Take the electronic one as it is faster.
Regards,
Sandhu
farah_zameendar View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote farah_zameendar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Jul 2010 at 4:36pm
Admissiblebrit,

Thank you so much for the reply. I am really grateful for that:)

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote farah_zameendar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Jul 2010 at 4:41pm
Thanks Sadhu,

Today I went for fingerprints but didnt know that they ask for two piece of IDs. I had only my driving licence with me at that time. Anyhow location was closer to my place and I brought my Passport too. That lady was very nice and while I was sitting there she sent my fingerprints to the relevant department in a jiffy. 

I hope you have been doing good as I didn't see you here lately. How long will they take for your citizenship?
indimae View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote indimae Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Jul 2010 at 5:11pm
Today I received my Permanent Resident Card. It was exactly 8 weeks since the landing. For the entire process took me 11 months (from sending the files to getting the card).
I'm wishing everyone a lot of luck and the application procedure to go smooth as mine.

I'll stay active on this forum for some time if anyone has questions.
PR card holder since June 2010

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote farah_zameendar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Jul 2010 at 6:43pm
Congrats Indimae:)
huma View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote huma Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Jul 2010 at 7:37am
congr.. indimae
indimae View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote indimae Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Aug 2010 at 11:45pm
Thanks guys! Hang in there! The end is near! :-)
PR card holder since June 2010
huma View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote huma Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Aug 2010 at 3:32am

Today i went for landing interview they took only 30mins that was very easy and now i m waiting for my pr card.They said u will rec ur pr card by mail  6 to 8 weeks.

huma View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote huma Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Aug 2010 at 3:39am
Hi bhavijan,
                    Did u get ur pr card?
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 3839404142>
  Share Topic