Canada Immigration and Visa Discussion Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Canada Immigration Topics > Family Class Sponsorship
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

CIC Scarborough

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345 42>
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sadhu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Dec 2009 at 4:32pm
Originally posted by babyboy babyboy wrote:

how come it takes  them forever to complete the background check? it only took them 2 weeks to complete my background check. That is odd. I guess it's really case to case basis..Next week is my landing interview. Im happy this process is already Ovah!!After 24 months I'm applying for my citizenship. I can't wait for that!!SmileSmile

Background checks are valid for 18 months. In my case they expired longggggggg time back (Nov 06-Aug 09= 34 months ) so CIC had to redo them whereas in your case the overall time from applying to AIP was about 18-19 months so I believe it was faster for u.

Regards,
Sandhu
Sadhu View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sadhu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Dec 2009 at 4:33pm
Originally posted by spring98 spring98 wrote:

it' s over now!!!!!! interview was stressful but painless =)) the IO just asked us few simple questions if i work, who is supporting me  and if i was ever on social assistance, then she asked me to check if all the information is correct (name, date of birth, address etc.) and just stapled my passport  and here i am - new permanent resident of Canada !!!!!!They thought that I did not pay my landing fee, I had to show them my invoice that I already payed.   I suggest to everyone, that if you payed, to bring your invoice to show them that.

Many Congratulations! you must be in ALL SMILES NOW
Regards,
Sandhu
Sadhu View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sadhu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Dec 2009 at 4:35pm
Originally posted by delmazo delmazo wrote:

<FONT style=": #f8f8e0">hi everyone sorry it took me a while to find the website anyways i just want to let everyone know that today i received a letter from immigration saying that   "It has been determined that you meet the eligibility requirements to apply for permanent resident status however a finAL Decision will not be made until all remaining requirements have been met. these requirements include medical, security and background checks"  does anyone know whats going to happen next? did i receive AIP?  anyone knows how long it takes for the proccess to finish after all this stuff?

pls if anyone knows anything of what happens after i would love to hear from you

Congratulations it is AIP , Be relaxed. I have updated our sheet on first page.

Edited by Sadhu - 08 Dec 2009 at 4:36pm
Regards,
Sandhu
Sadhu View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sadhu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Dec 2009 at 4:39pm
Originally posted by waiting19772009 waiting19772009 wrote:

Hello everyone! Good to see you all here... Hope all is well with you all... congrats to those who got their PR and Good luck to those waiting in line for their process to get over!... Im still waiting for  mine.... Just Called CIC on friday and they told me that for them to call me for an interview after DM it could take up to 14 months and I was not v. happy to hear about thatAngry... anyone has a clue to when  the mississauga office call us for an interview after DM...., I got my DM on Oct 8 2009... am frustrated.... cant seem to wait any longer!

Mississauga is not slow. From AIP to PR it is a short journey from what I have seen (about 2 - 2.5 months) CIC call centre agents just say that ALL THE TIME but HOPE FOR THE BEST, only U can do it.
Regards,
Sandhu
tgchi13 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tgchi13 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Dec 2009 at 4:51pm
Originally posted by Sadhu Sadhu wrote:

Mississauga is not slow. From AIP to PR it is a short journey from what I have seen (about 2 - 2.5 months) CIC call centre agents just say that ALL THE TIME but HOPE FOR THE BEST, only U can do it.

We were 16 months from AIP to invitation for interview...then within a week received the non-approval. That is not fast...

Edited by tgchi13 - 08 Dec 2009 at 4:51pm
tgchi ~
'so close, no matter how far, couldn't be much more from the heart, forever trusting who WE are and nothing else matters' Going State-side!
Sadhu View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sadhu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Dec 2009 at 8:13pm
Originally posted by tgchi13 tgchi13 wrote:

Originally posted by Sadhu Sadhu wrote:

We were 16 months from AIP to invitation for interview...then within a week received the non-approval. That is not fast...

So sorry to hear that. But two of my friends and few members on this forum had it during the timeframe that I mentioned.
Regards,
Sandhu
waiting19772009 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote waiting19772009 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Dec 2009 at 9:32pm
Sorry to hear about tchgi13!.... I know how frustarating that would be ...will pray for everyone! Sadhuthanks for the reply and helping me boost my spirits a bit... otherwise i was completely losing hope!
tgchi13 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tgchi13 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Dec 2009 at 9:39pm
@waiting:

Hope for the best but prepare for the worst. I no one else has to wait that long for an outcome.
tgchi ~
'so close, no matter how far, couldn't be much more from the heart, forever trusting who WE are and nothing else matters' Going State-side!
huma View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote huma Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Dec 2009 at 7:05am
sadu, i m also waiting sooooooooo long  no response. cic just making crazy they took almost 8 months to complete my background  check now they are checking my police cert. from my backhome they sent  for veryfication  oct2009 now two months gone still waiting......
Sadhu View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sadhu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Dec 2009 at 11:42pm
Originally posted by huma huma wrote:

sadu, i m also waiting sooooooooo long  no response. cic just making crazy they took almost 8 months to complete my background  check now they are checking my police cert. from my backhome they sent  for veryfication  oct2009 now two months gone still waiting......

Yeah that's true, dont know why I am also getting scared thinking if they might take more than April 2010.
Regards,
Sandhu
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345 42>
  Share Topic