Canada Immigration and Visa Discussion Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Canada Visa / Temporary Entry Topics > Visit Visa
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Temporary Resident Permit & work permit

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Message Reverse Sort Order
aliozhiya View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aliozhiya Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Temporary Resident Permit & work permit
    Posted: 05 Dec 2017 at 3:12am
I was wondering what the chances of obtaining a TRP and a work permit at the same time?  My husband and I both have a run in with the law and obtained criminal charges.  My husbands were adjudication withheld with limited inquiry so his work and future work couldn't find out about it and hold it against him.  We both have about a year left before we can apply for rehabilitation and was going to wait for that to apply to come to Canada.  He was offered a severance package for 20 years of work or to be placed in a different department at his work and he chooses the severance package.   Since that has occurred we are financially able to come to Canada with proof of funds to support ourselves plus our 3 children.  If need be we could go ahead and pay rent for a year upfront tho we were hoping to come and possibly look for jobs.  I was wanting to go for a photography certification.  My husband has a 4-year bachelors degree in Information Systems.  Would any of this help us if we wanted to go ahead and come and try and start our lives in Canada?  Any advice would greatly be appreciated! 

Edited by aliozhiya - 05 Dec 2017 at 3:12am
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic