Canada Immigration and Visa Discussion Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Canada Immigration Topics > Preserving Permanent Residence Status
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

moving to Quebec

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote peace1975 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: moving to Quebec
    Posted: 09 Jun 2010 at 12:42pm
Hi,

I landed in Halifax May 10, 2008, stayed over a month there and then left Canada and never went back. I re-entered Canada June 5, 2010 through Montreal and everything was ok. I currently live in Montreal and I'd like to learn French and stay here for good, but I don't know what the procedures are. I heard that Quebec have different procedures for immigrations. I have the following questions:

1. What should I do to live here in Montreal legally?

2. Can I live here in Montreal for good despire the fact that I landed in Halifax, Nova Scotia because this was the province I chose when I applied to Canadian immigration?

3. Are there any organizations which help newcomers to Montreal find work?

4. Does my health card from Halifax work here? Or should I have it replaced?

5. Can I obtain loan/financial aid to do PhD at MvGill university?

6. How soon I can sponsor my wife and bring her over to Canada?

Thanks for your help,

Peace
blackpearl View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote blackpearl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jun 2010 at 3:11pm
Once you are PR, you can move to anywhere in Canada, including Quebec. So you can continue to live in Quebec legally as PR without needing to reapply.

I did this before, landed in SK, then move to QC due to work opportunity, no problem.
You can apply for QC health card after you reside in QC for at least 3 months.

Originally posted by peace1975 peace1975 wrote:

Hi, I landed in Halifax May 10, 2008, stayed over a month there and then left Canada and never went back. I re-entered Canada June 5, 2010 through Montreal and everything was ok. I currently live in Montreal and I'd like to learn French and stay here for good, but I don't know what the procedures are. I heard that Quebec have different procedures for immigrations. I have the following questions: 1. What should I do to live here in Montreal legally? 2. Can I live here in Montreal for good despire the fact that I landed in Halifax, Nova Scotia because this was the province I chose when I applied to Canadian immigration? 3. Are there any organizations which help newcomers to Montreal find work? 4. Does my health card from Halifax work here? Or should I have it replaced? 5. Can I obtain loan/financial aid to do PhD at MvGill university? 6. How soon I can sponsor my wife and bring her over to Canada? Thanks for your help, Peace
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic