Canada Immigration and Visa Discussion Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Canada Immigration Topics > Skilled Worker / Independent Immigration
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Financial requirements for EE?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Message Reverse Sort Order
colin View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Immigration Attorney

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote colin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Financial requirements for EE?
    Posted: 18 Nov 2017 at 11:19pm
When entering your profile in the Express Entry system, you will be asked to declare the amount of money you will have to bring to Canada.

This is intended to show that you can support yourself and your family, and will also affect which Canada immigration programs you qualify for.

The proof of funds requirement comes after you have been invited to apply, and depends on the program you are applying for.

You will need proof under both the Federal Skilled Worker Program and Federal Skilled Trades Program, unless you are already authorized to work in Canada and have a valid job offer from a Canadian employer to support your application.

Proof comes in the form of official letters from the bank or other financial institution where you keep your money.

You do not need proof if you are invited to apply for the Canadian Experience Class.

Edited by colin - 18 Nov 2017 at 11:22pm
Colin Singer, Canada Immigration Lawyer & Managing Partner, immigration.ca
pmm View Drop Down
Top Member
Top Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pmm Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Nov 2017 at 12:30pm
Hi

Originally posted by adam012 adam012 wrote:

Do I need to show proof I meet financial requirements for Express Entry?

1. Yes, for a skilled worker application, not required if you have an approved LMIA
PMM
adam012 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote adam012 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Nov 2017 at 5:17am
Do I need to show proof I meet financial requirements for Express Entry?
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic