Canada Immigration and Visa Discussion Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Canada Immigration Topics > Express Entry Immigration
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Can 5 year old work experience be considered

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gauravsood28 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Can 5 year old work experience be considered
    Posted: 13 Nov 2017 at 3:09pm
Dear Friends, 

Kindly advice on below query :

My wife was working till April 2013 ,as a vocational teacher from 2007 till 2013 ,she had a 5 year experience as a teacher , she is now 37 , she has done BA, B. Ed, MA, her score in IELTS is L 8,W 8,S 7,R 7.5 ,her ECA approves her having 2 degrees in university and does not considers her MA as masters equivalent ,and my score is L & R as 7.5 , W 7, S 8 ,my age is 39, I have done BA from correspondence from Punjab univ ,and PGDBM in marketing full time l,in ECA evaluation my degree is approved but not my PGDBM.

Now should my wife be the main applicant or should i be the main applicant , while calculating CRS i am getting 380 ,while my wife is scoring 435 .

My only concern is that will her experience which is almost 5 years old ,if considered from February 2018( if we then go into the pool) will hold value for immigration as she is not working from past 4-5 years.
colin View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Immigration Attorney

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote colin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Nov 2017 at 8:33pm
As long as she qualifies for Express Entry, the fact that she hasn't worked in the last 4-5 years should not impact her CRS score. Since she would have a higher score, she should be the main applicant.

You can read more about the work experience requirements for Express Entry by clicking on the following link: http://www.immigration.ca/canada-express-entry-work-experience-meet-requirements/
Colin Singer, Canada Immigration Lawyer & Managing Partner, immigration.ca
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic