Canada Immigration and Visa Discussion Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Canada Immigration Topics > Skilled Worker / Independent Immigration
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - A lot of gap during PGWP = Adverse decision on PR?
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

A lot of gap during PGWP = Adverse decision on PR?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote candyman2121 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: A lot of gap during PGWP = Adverse decision on PR?
    Posted: 05 Nov 2017 at 12:46am
Hello guys,

So this is my first post and I know it's probably not a good one but I would really appreciate it if someone can comment on my situation. So basically I was given a post graduate work permit from 2011-2014 and I was basically unemployed in Canada for 2 years. I know that it sounds ridiculous and to a large extent it is and there is no excuses for it. 

After completing my Diploma, I got the three years work permit and didn't find a job related to my studies. I worked on and off for a month and then got into serious depression about not finding a job in Canada relating to my field of studies. Therefore, I was unemployed on my post graduate work permit for a long time (around 25 months). During that time, I received from my family. 

Fast forward, I decided to man-up, went back to India, completed my Bachelors and also completed a French course up to the level B2 which will ensure that I will get additional points. I've also find a job as an administrative assistant and my employer is ready to write me a letter to support my PR application. 

Now the main question is that as I was unemployed during that time, will CIC reject my application? Will my file be stuck in background check for multiple years? (I've heard many horror stories on it). I know I should've been at least working during my time in Canada but depression is a very strange thing and many people have a hard time understanding it. But that being said, the situation is very different now. 

How much difficulties will I have to face because of my unemployment in Canada as it would look extremely odd for visa officers. 

Your valuable opinions are welcome! 

Thanks a lot in advance. 

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic