Canada Immigration and Visa Discussion Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Canada Immigration Topics > Family Class Sponsorship
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Removal Order! Confused and need help!

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234>
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SteelAce Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Jun 2010 at 9:58pm
@aznkatj
I'm not a senior member... so others can correct me... hehehe.  I think that if you don't plan on moving to Mexico right now, and if you only plan on taking your nursing courses once you come back from Mexico, it would be better for you to get a job now because from what I've read on this website & also on the CIC guides, if you apply for sponsorship from a foreign country, you would have to try and prove to CIC that you have a job in Canada lined up already, and also a place to live in Canada.

Good luck!

4/30-CPC-M
6/3-Sponsor DM
6/9-Approval letter; QC Cert. app. sent
6/17-Start Manila
7/2-AOR with PP & AOM request
7/19-PP & AOM received
8/13-Approval QC Cert.
9/7-DM :))
9/16-Visa received!
peachy871 View Drop Down
Average Member
Average Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote peachy871 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Jun 2010 at 2:17am
Yes, if you have a job in Canada, that proves that you have sufficient ties to prove you intend to come back. However, I believe that having proof of enrollment in college/university would also serve. I just going on memory here, from what I read in the past. Haven't had time to dig through the CIC guides to immigrating again as to what constitutes solid proof of intention to return to Canada. Perhaps someone else on here will be able to say whether or not I am remembering correctly. In the meantime, I will have a look at the guidelines when I get the chance.
Peachy
lg107 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lg107 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Jun 2010 at 7:15am
Ok now I am really worried..
I am sponsoring my husband but we are not living in canada yet. I do realise that at some point London will ask for proof of my return to canada i.e. address. I have told them that we are not in canada yet & that when we are closer to getting my husbands p.r. we will then go to canada to arrange accomadation. We cant go there now & take out a lease cas we wouldnt be living there & it just wouldnt make sence.
So b'cas we're not living there yet, i dont have that job or place to live yet. I cant go ahead of my husband b'cas im still waiting for London to get back to me with the paper work/f-visa needed for the kids & im not leaving without my kids, not even for a short while. couldnt do it, my son would go crazy without his Mammy. Cry
App.sent 25/3/10
Sponsorship apprd 30/4/10
In process 14/05/10
RPRF requested 10/6/10
Paid RPRF 12/6/10
Meds rec'd 24/06/10
DECISION MADE 6/07/10
PPR 13/07/10
Visa rec'd 3/08/10
Landed 20/08/10
lg107 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lg107 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Jun 2010 at 7:21am
I am really worried now. So my case is not as straight forward as people think.
With no job or place to live that doesnt look good. How can they expect me to have these if im not even living there yet? If i knew he was getting the p.r. soon & that was holding it up, I could go ahead & organise this but then i thought financial proof doesnt come into it when your sponsoring your spouse??
We do have saving & we will have a good amount of money to take with us after we sell the house, car & personal stuff.
I have given them a copy of our bank account showing our savings but we'll have a lot more than that before we leave so i wonder if that will help at all????????Confused
App.sent 25/3/10
In process 14/05/10
RPRF requested 10/6/10
Paid RPRF 12/6/10
Meds rec'd 24/06/10
DECISION MADE 6/07/10
PPR 13/07/10
Visa rec'd 3/08/10
Landed 20/08/10
RobsLuv View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RobsLuv Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Jun 2010 at 8:09am
Originally posted by peachy871 peachy871 wrote:

Yes, if you have a job in Canada, that proves that you have sufficient ties to prove you intend to come back. However, I believe that having proof of enrollment in college/university would also serve. I just going on memory here, from what I read in the past. Haven't had time to dig through the CIC guides to immigrating again as to what constitutes solid proof of intention to return to Canada. Perhaps someone else on here will be able to say whether or not I am remembering correctly. In the meantime, I will have a look at the guidelines when I get the chance.
Originally posted by lg107 lg107 wrote:

I am really worried now. So my case is not as straight forward as people think.
With no job or place to live that doesnt look good. How can they expect me to have these if im not even living there yet? If i knew he was getting the p.r. soon & that was holding it up, I could go ahead & organise this but then i thought financial proof doesnt come into it when your sponsoring your spouse??
First of all, there is nothing in the guides that tells you what "constitutes as solid proof of intention to return to Canada".  For the very same reasons that lg107 mentions, it is very difficult for a Canadian sponsor who is residing in another country to set up housing and a job, etc., in advance of PR approval for their spouse while trying to avoid having to be separated.  So officers seem to evaluate the evidences on a case by case basis - sometimes a sponsor will be going back to Canada because they've received a job offer, or they've been accepted to attend university - that makes it easy.  But other times they've just decided they want to go home to Canada and making arrangements long distance, without a solid timeline is very difficult.  A lot of times, the way they get around this is through family support - officers will sometimes accept a statutory declaration from family saying they will provide housing and support until the new arrivals can get settled and secure a job but it's probably better that the sponsor at least try to secure employment . . . even if it's just through contacts with potential employers, submitting resumes, having interviews, etc.  There was one case where PR was refused when the Canadian sponsor had been living with his wife overseas for 6 years and he had no family in Canada - and no job prospects.  He had not been working during those six years overseas, she had been supporting the both of them, yet the officer assessing the case refused on A39, which says that the officer doesn't feel the applicant will be willing and able to support him/herself in Canada if the sponsor is unable to support. 
39. A foreign national is inadmissible for financial reasons if they are or will be unable or unwilling to support themselves or any other person who is dependent on them, and have not satisfied an officer that adequate arrangements for care and support, other than those that involve social assistance, have been made.
So, even though there are no minimum income requirements, the sponsor does commit to provide for the basic necessities - housing, utilities, clothing, food - of his/her sponsored family members and if s/he cannot reasonably demonstrate the ability to do that, they can refuse on A39.

Ok now I am really worried..
I am sponsoring my husband but we are not living in canada yet. I do realise that at some point London will ask for proof of my return to canada i.e. address. I have told them that we are not in canada yet & that when we are closer to getting my husbands p.r. we will then go to canada to arrange accomadation. We cant go there now & take out a lease cas we wouldnt be living there & it just wouldnt make sence.
So b'cas we're not living there yet, i dont have that job or place to live yet. I cant go ahead of my husband b'cas im still waiting for London to get back to me with the paper work/f-visa needed for the kids & im not leaving without my kids, not even for a short while. couldnt do it, my son would go crazy without his Mammy. Cry
Actually, you're supposed to send proof of your intention to return to Canada WITH the initial submission - not wait for them to ask you for it . . . although they will.  Yes, it seems logical that you shouldn't be expected to have a job or a place to live when you still have no idea when you're even going to Canada, and the kids and their status factors in, too, but it's better to be pro-active rather than waiting for someone at CIC to give you the info you need.  They are not the most helpful bunch on the planet.  So what's the deal with the kids?  You're still waiting for London to get back to you about the paperwork/f-visa(??) needed for the kids?  If you are a Canadian citizen, and you gave birth to the children, they are Canadian citizens, too - even if they were born in the UK.  You need to get Citizenship Certificates for them so that you can get them Canadian passports.  This is not a quick process, and you may not even have those before your husband gets his PR - although it's possible you might get the kids into Canada with proof that you are a Canadian citizen and their biological mother.  But get the Citizenship Certificate applications in process now and don't wait for CIC to give you vital information that you need to proceed. 

We do have saving & we will have a good amount of money to take with us after we sell the house, car & personal stuff. 
I have given them a copy of our bank account showing our savings but we'll have a lot more than that before we leave so i wonder if that will help at all????????Confused
I think savings does factor in - but the value from the sale of your house, car, etc., are going to be difficult to show before you actually do all that.  You may have to get creative.

Edited by RobsLuv - 08 Jun 2010 at 8:30am
3/2007-applied
1/2008-Refused
12/2008-ADR failed
1/2010-Appeal allowed
4/2010-In Process(Again)
5/2010-request FBI/meds
8/2010-FBI recd
11/30/10-APPROVED!
1/31/11-LANDED!
lg107 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lg107 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Jun 2010 at 8:46am
Thanks for all that info Robslov. I have applied for Citizenship certs for the kids in mid feb 2010, iv been told they wont get them for another 18months. Thats where the f-visa comes in, i need that while we're waiting for the certs to come in so that the kids can start school on sept.
so maybe my husband should apply for a work permit & we should go to canada. Not sure what to do. I do have family in canada but have lost contact with them, I have a niece who is married with her own kids, my brother has said she will allow me to use her address as a temp place to live although we wont actually be staying with her. 
I am going to eamil her today to ask her if she'd be willing to give us that letter we might need.
App.sent 25/3/10
In process 14/05/10
RPRF requested 10/6/10
Paid RPRF 12/6/10
Meds rec'd 24/06/10
DECISION MADE 6/07/10
PPR 13/07/10
Visa rec'd 3/08/10
Landed 20/08/10
RobsLuv View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RobsLuv Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Jun 2010 at 4:23pm

Thanks for all that info Robslov. I have applied for Citizenship certs for the kids in mid feb 2010, iv been told they wont get them for another 18months. Thats where the f-visa comes in, i need that while we're waiting for the certs to come in so that the kids can start school on sept.
so maybe my husband should apply for a work permit & we should go to canada. Not sure what to do. I do have family in canada but have lost contact with them, I have a niece who is married with her own kids, my brother has said she will allow me to use her address as a temp place to live although we wont actually be staying with her. 
I am going to eamil her today to ask her if she'd be willing to give us that letter we might need.
OK, first of all, I don't know what an "f-visa" is.  Citizens of the UK - which I'm assuming your children are - are visa-exempt.  You cannot get a visa for them to come to Canada prior to arriving at a Canadian port of entry.  That's what I was talking about - it's probable they would be admitted to Canada when you arrive at the POE if you can prove they are your biological children and that you are a Canadian citizen.  You might get a hassle, but if you're carrying  your proof of having applied for their citizenship certificates, etc., I doubt you'd be turned back. 

As far as your husband getting a work permit - that's another thing altogether.  I'm not saying it would be impossible, but it would probably take longer than it will take for him to get his PR approved.  In order to get a work permit, he'd have to first find an employer willing to hire him.  Then that employer would have to get a positive Labour Market Opinion from the Canadian government - which involves proving that there are no qualified Canadian applicants for the position.  If the employer manages to get that, only then can he offer your husband a job, and then your husband has to take the positive LMO and the job offer and apply at the London embassy for a work permit.  If it's granted, then he can come to Canada and work.

The easier option is for him to come to Canada with you and the kids to stay as a visitor.  You have to prove to immigration officials at the port of entry that the two of you are legally married and that you have applied to sponsor him.  If all your paperwork is in order in that regard, they should issue him temporary status as a visitor for six months time.  Before that six months is up, if he doesn't have PR yet, he'll need to apply from within Canada - by mail - to extend his temporary status.  That keeps him legal in Canada until he gets PR - but it doesn't give him the right to work and, in most Provinces, it doesn't give him access to healthcare either.  The big question is how you coordinate that with your move - because you don't really want to put yourselves at a disadvantage by arriving at a Canadian port of entry with your children and your foreign national husband without a job or a place to live.  It might be best - and cheaper - to take a trip out yourself and see if you can line up a job and a place to live, and then bring your family with you on a subsequent trip after you have things in order . . . even if your hubby doesn't have PR yet.

Edited by RobsLuv - 08 Jun 2010 at 4:27pm
3/2007-applied
1/2008-Refused
12/2008-ADR failed
1/2010-Appeal allowed
4/2010-In Process(Again)
5/2010-request FBI/meds
8/2010-FBI recd
11/30/10-APPROVED!
1/31/11-LANDED!
lg107 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lg107 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Jun 2010 at 5:26pm

Robslov, i checked out the work permit thing on cic site today, your right we might have p.r. before he'd even get that & then to find a job, complicated.

We have things that need to be tied up here too, like selling the house etc. I am going to take it step by step & wait to see what they ask me for b'cas i have been up front with them & they know exactly my situation. If they request a letter from my niece she will give that to me & my sister-in-law has said she will help us find a place too.

The f-visa is a "Facilitation visa F1" it is there for canadians in distress. If a passport is lost or in my case the bulletin states that a f-visa can be issued to children who have applied for citizenship certs but have to wait a long period to get them, the embassy can issue the f-visa while we're waiting for the certs. That way the kids can travel hassel free & can go to school.

App.sent 25/3/10
In process 14/05/10
RPRF requested 10/6/10
Paid RPRF 12/6/10
Meds rec'd 24/06/10
DECISION MADE 6/07/10
PPR 13/07/10
Visa rec'd 3/08/10
Landed 20/08/10
aznkatj View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aznkatj Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Jun 2010 at 11:17pm
I was wondering since were not married yet! wat is better getting married here in Canada or in Mexico? does it affect which place we get married when sponsoring my commonlaw/partner/fiancé? because we have no papers with both of our names on it! but we have been together for over a year and have been living with eachother for a year but in different places!
WorriedMex View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote WorriedMex Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Jun 2010 at 11:07am
Originally posted by aznkatj aznkatj wrote:

I was wondering since were not married yet! wat is better getting married here in Canada or in Mexico? does it affect which place we get married when sponsoring my commonlaw/partner/fiancé? because we have no papers with both of our names on it! but we have been together for over a year and have been living with eachother for a year but in different places!
Hi aznkatj,

I am also from Mexico, and all my file was processed here in Canada.  I have read your posts and it really hurts me that you have got to this "NO EXIT" way, but... I would suggest you to get married here before he leaves, so the Officer, when going through his file can check that you were not playing games, and the only reason he had to go back was just a matter of time, and not a lack of compromise.

Good luck with that!!!

One look,
One thought,
One touch,
One word... CAN CHANGE YOUR LIFE FOREVER!!!
@ Toronto sent 23Feb12 │ e-CAS received 21Mar12 │ in process 30Nov12 | test 10Sep13 | ツツツ OATH 21Nov13 ♬♪♩♬�
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234>
  Share Topic