Canada Immigration and Visa Discussion Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Canada Immigration Topics > Family Class Sponsorship
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

first stage approval and refused?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wordstar_28 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: first stage approval and refused?
    Posted: 07 Jun 2010 at 10:57am
hey guys I have a question??? Is there any chance that an application already recieved first stage approval but in the end got refused? I already recieved my first stage approval on April 29, 2010 but I'm a little worried now coz the lady in cic said their doing background checks for me and my son who is 8y/o in the Philippines. My NBI will expire soon that will be nxt month. I think I need to renew it now. My police cert in Hongkong will be 1yr on august 30, my medicals are on sept 15. oh my do I need to spend more money again? do I need to wait for their latter (cic)asking this things or can I do them ahead? Its so frustrating!!! whew I think I'm losing my patience...
. well what can I say? Nothing!
wordstar_28 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wordstar_28 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Jun 2010 at 10:58am
(letter) sori
audball View Drop Down
Top Member
Top Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote audball Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Jun 2010 at 11:54am
I'd wait for them to be requested from you before getting them redone.

But there is the possibility of refusal, of course. First stage approval doesn't guarantee an approval, it just means you're lucky enough to be able to get a work permit now to help pay those extra fees. :P
UKtoCAN View Drop Down
Average Member
Average Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote UKtoCAN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Jun 2010 at 12:58pm

Yes there can be a refuasal after first stage of approval if CIC thinks you not geninue or something elses comes up and they dont believe it.

You dont have to go and pay any fees and do any medicals or police report. They are aware and if they need some information will request it.

Saya View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Saya Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Jun 2010 at 2:17pm

I'd wait until they request it.

Meds - Apr 13/10
App rec'd CPC-M - Apr 21/10
Sponsor Aprvd - May 27/10
App In Process/Meds Rec'd - Jun 16/10
DM - July 27/10
PPR via Email - Aug 4/10
PP w/ VISA - Aug 24/10
CommonLaw - London
britincanada View Drop Down
Top Member
Top Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote britincanada Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Jun 2010 at 2:35pm
As long as you keep a legal status in Canada I would wait until medicals and police certs are requested 
App received by CPC-M 1/06/10
Sponsorship approved 29/06/10
In Process 15/07/2010
VISA & PP Recvd 22/09/10
LANDED 29/09/10
ELIGIBLE TO BECOME CITIZEN 4/11/2012
UKtoCAN View Drop Down
Average Member
Average Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote UKtoCAN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Jun 2010 at 5:48pm
Maybe you can help us by telling us if it is outland or In-land

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wordstar_28 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Jun 2010 at 7:03pm
im inland.
sent application on sept 22, 2009
received sept 25
started processing oct 30
april 29 decision made (1st stage approval)
may 3 received letter from immigration
      letter for my husband (sponsorship approval)
      letter for me (eligibility to apply for PR)
      open work permit
waiting...
RobsLuv View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RobsLuv Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Jun 2010 at 9:10pm
It typically takes 6 months to a year after first stage approval is granted for them to finalize the application, so you're just in the beginning of the second stage of waiting.  Get a work permit, like audball says, so you can get a job and have some extra money coming in . . . plus you feel more like you have a life - and then just wait for them to tell you what comes next.  It's not always a given that they request new medicals - especially when the applicant is in Canada.  That's one advantage to an inland application. 
3/2007-applied
1/2008-Refused
12/2008-ADR failed
1/2010-Appeal allowed
4/2010-In Process(Again)
5/2010-request FBI/meds
8/2010-FBI recd
11/30/10-APPROVED!
1/31/11-LANDED!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wordstar_28 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Jun 2010 at 10:36pm
thanks for all your responce guys! what can I do than to wait... Hope everything went well.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>
  Share Topic