Canada Immigration and Visa Discussion Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Canada Immigration Topics > Skilled Worker / Independent Immigration
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Freelance/self-employed immigration

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Islam Mohamed Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Freelance/self-employed immigration
    Posted: 18 Sep 2017 at 12:41pm
I'm an independent online freelancer works on Upwork.com and with other clients outside it mainly as a 3D Artist, my income from freelancing can support a good living for me even in Canada even if i didn't find and work in Canada and i'm unable to get a job contract in Canada and was willing to to immigrate to Canada as a freelancer/self-employed and was wondering what is exactly the process to do so and do i need an IELTS? and if i got from my clients a signed and stamped documents prove that i worked with them for specific period of time and some screenshots and reports from Upwork.com and bank statements that my income get transferred to in regular base would that be enough and guaranteed?

PS: My collage degree field is irrelevant to my work experience, I have a B.A in History and work mainly as a 3D Artist and Graphic Designer
Nicolas Rhiley View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nicolas Rhiley Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Oct 2017 at 9:22am
As for self-employed category. On the official website, it is indicated that many can work for themselves, but only those who worked in culture, sports or were farmers fall under the terms of the program. 
Here is the reference with this refinement:
vantrans View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote vantrans Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Oct 2017 at 6:40am
Canada does not offer freelance visa like Germany. Only Germany offer a complete independent freelance visa.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic