Canada Immigration and Visa Discussion Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Canada Immigration Topics > Preserving Permanent Residence Status
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Permanent resident status

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Message Reverse Sort Order
manoogujjari View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote manoogujjari Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Permanent resident status
    Posted: 18 Oct 2017 at 8:00am
My friend don't hurry to file any application for renewal of PR Card. Apply on that date when you complete 730 days within 5 years time frame. Don't ignore this suggestion.
riahif View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote riahif Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Sep 2017 at 3:43pm
Hi Friends,

I am a permanent resident in  Mississauga, Toronto. I landed in 2012. I stayed only 2 weeks and went back home to prepare my self for settling in Canada. I needed at that time some paperwork to be finished and then I come back. I stayed outside Canada from December 2012 till September 2017. I have just arrived ( 02/09/2017). I have documents showing that I am the Unique sin of my father aand my mother. They were seriously sick and I was obliged to stay next to them to support them. My card is about to expire. The expiry date is 31 January 2018.I want to renew my PR. What shall I do?
When I arrived to Person Airport, nobody asked me about the expiry date or where I have been since 2012. It seems I was luck to get through. Please note also I didn't get any child benefit and I didn't pay any taxes in Canada.
I didn't know about the child benefit and the taxes.

Please advise 

I am need for your experience and expertise.

Many thanks,
My Cellphone is: 416 737 5668
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic