Canada Immigration and Visa Discussion Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Canada Immigration Topics > Preserving Permanent Residence Status
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Help! Pr card not arrived but leaving soon.

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tanyar24 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Help! Pr card not arrived but leaving soon.
    Posted: 13 Sep 2017 at 5:38pm
HI,

I leave on the 19th September for 1 week in Mexico, however just after i booked the trip ( end july) i discovered my PR Card expired. I have sent of application for renewal arrived there 24th july. But looks like they havent started processing it. Will I have alot of trouble coming back into Canada?? Im starting to get worried but cannot afford to cancel trip as booked with 2 friends on same card and if one.  Side note I am Australian with Australian Passport.

Edited by Tanyar24 - 13 Sep 2017 at 6:18pm
pmm View Drop Down
Top Member
Top Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pmm Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Sep 2017 at 7:15pm
Hi

Originally posted by Tanyar24 Tanyar24 wrote:

<span style="color: rgb21, 21, 21; font-family: "Helvetica Neue", Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif; font-size: 14.6667px;">HI,</span><br style="color: rgb21, 21, 21; font-family: "Helvetica Neue", Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif; font-size: 14.6667px;"><br style="color: rgb21, 21, 21; font-family: "Helvetica Neue", Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif; font-size: 14.6667px;"><span style="color: rgb21, 21, 21; font-family: "Helvetica Neue", Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif; font-size: 14.6667px;">I leave on the 19th September for 1 week in Mexico, however just after i booked the trip ( end july) i discovered my PR Card expired. I have sent of application for renewal arrived there 24th july. But looks like they havent started processing it. Will I have alot of trouble coming back into Canada?? Im starting to get worried but cannot afford to cancel trip as booked with 2 friends on same card and if one.  Side note I am Australian with Australian Passport.</span>

1. It is very likely that the Airline will not allow you to board without either a valid PR card or PR Travel document for your return flight.
2. Only really 3 choices, cancel, obtain a PRTD in Mexico city, or if you have a US visa, re-route to a US airport close to the boarder and cross non commercial vehicle with your expired PR card and COPR.
PMM
Tanyar24 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tanyar24 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Sep 2017 at 1:57pm
I really can't do any of those options. I'm hoping if I take enough evidence of proof status I'll be fine! I'm traveling with 2 other people and if change anything they will be affected plus tickers nonrefundable nontransferable or changeable.. And only in Mexico for 1 week so no time to go Mexico city for travel document.
pmm View Drop Down
Top Member
Top Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pmm Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Sep 2017 at 3:57pm
Hi

Originally posted by Tanyar24 Tanyar24 wrote:

I really can't do any of those options. I'm hoping if I take enough evidence of proof status I'll be fine! I'm traveling with 2 other people and if change anything they will be affected plus tickers nonrefundable nontransferable or changeable.. And only in Mexico for 1 week so no time to go Mexico city for travel document.

1. Then be prepared to be denied boarding in Mexico for the return flight.
PMM
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic