Canada Immigration and Visa Discussion Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Canada Immigration Topics > Skilled Worker / Independent Immigration
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Proof of funds

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote richard1990 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Proof of funds
    Posted: 19 Jul 2017 at 3:31am
Hi i wanted to ask about the proof of funds certificate that needs to be submitted.  I have some money in cash and some in form of gold.  So the question is do i need to cash out my gold investments or a gold ceritificate will be a valid as a proof of funds.
colin View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Immigration Attorney

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote colin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Jul 2017 at 10:17pm
In regards to the proof of funds, the funds must be liquid funds. Acceptable funds are the following sources: checking accounts, savings accounts, GIC, mutual funds, RRSP, TFSA, term Deposits and time deposits. Please read the following article for more information: http://www.immigration.ca/proof-of-funds-for-federal-skilled-trades-class/
Colin Singer, Canada Immigration Lawyer & Managing Partner, immigration.ca
michels View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote michels Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Aug 2017 at 12:30am
What about Bitcoin? :)
---
Michel-
PR: Applied SW Apr2001/Visa Aug2006/Landed Oct2006
Citizenship: Sent Nov2013,in Process Feb2014, LoT Aug2014, Test and Oath Nov2014
End of line :) Happy citizen ever since
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic