Canada Immigration and Visa Discussion Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Canada Visa / Temporary Entry Topics > Study Visa
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Urgent Help Required

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pratik_r Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Urgent Help Required
    Posted: 08 Jul 2017 at 5:09pm
I am visiting researcher at a university under SX1 visa. Can I take up freelancing work? The person is willing to pay on hourly basis and its an online work, can I do it?
Its an urgent query as I am to reply to the person ASAP. Please help me out.
Thank You
pmm View Drop Down
Top Member
Top Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pmm Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Jul 2017 at 7:23pm
Hi

Originally posted by pratik_r pratik_r wrote:

I am visiting researcher at a university under SX1 visa. Can I take up freelancing work? The person is willing to pay on hourly basis and its an online work, can I do it?
Its an urgent query as I am to reply to the person ASAP. Please help me out.
Thank You

1. if the person or company is in Canada, the answer is no. Your work permit is probably restricted to the present job.
PMM
pratik_r View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pratik_r Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Jul 2017 at 8:29pm
Thank you pmm for the reply. I am a voluntary researcher and my SX1 visa type lies under student for short term course. Also, the person paying me is from US. So can there be a case of me receiving payments in my canadian bank account?
pmm View Drop Down
Top Member
Top Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pmm Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Jul 2017 at 3:07pm
Hi

Originally posted by pratik_r pratik_r wrote:

Thank you pmm for the reply. I am a voluntary researcher and my SX1 visa type lies under student for short term course. Also, the person paying me is from US. So can there be a case of me receiving payments in my canadian bank account?

1. If the client is in the US not just from the US, then you would be fine, where the money is deposited doesn't matter.
PMM
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic