Canada Immigration and Visa Discussion Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Canada Visa / Temporary Entry Topics > Work Visa
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Extension of work permit (from open to employer)
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Extension of work permit (from open to employer)

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote egoetc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Extension of work permit (from open to employer)
    Posted: 29 Jun 2017 at 3:49pm
tl;dr: How do I apply for an LMIA-exempt, employer-based work permit online without uploading the documents it's requiring me to upload?

HISTORY

- Open work permit (post-grad) obtained in October, 2014

- Have been working with the same employer since March 2015 and will continue doing so

- Applied for PR through the Quebec Selected Skilled Worked program (QSW) in March, 2017

- Open work permit (post-grad) expires in October, 2017 - BEFORE I get a decision for PR

I now need to apply for an employer-based LMIA-exempt work permit. I have:

- A valid CSQ

- An offer of employment number (my employer submitted the info on their end and paid the $230 app fee)

MY ISSUE

I can't, for the life of me, figure out how to apply online. I go into my account and I'm forced to go through the "Come to Canada wizard" questionnaire to generate the correct checklist/application documents that I need to upload for an extension of a work permit. During this questionnaire, I cannot say "no" when they ask me if I have a written job offer (I'm already working, I have an offer of employment number), and I cannot choose "None of the above" when it asks me to describe my current job situation - in which NONE of the answers apply other than "Provincial Nominee Certificate Holder", which isn't even correct because I'm not applying under the PNP; Quebec is a separate program. I cannot say no because it ends the questionnaire by telling me that I am no longer eligible (even though I am). 

So, I say yes to the written job offer, and I select the Provincial Nominee Certificate Holder; there-go, in my online application, I must upload documents such as: 

- Provincial Nominee Program Certificate (PNC) (required)

- Letter of Support from Province or Territory (required)

- Offer of Employment (required) (description: job offer letter)

Unfortunately, none of these apply to me - because I have an option to upload my CSQ, this shows that I have a "letter of support" or a "certificate" --- do I just upload my CSQ in those areas three times in a row?? Or, do I explain my situation in the Letter of Explanation? Do I not actually have to upload (I can upload an n/a word doc) the "required" documents? Anyone else in a similar situation? Any help would be appreciated!

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic