Canada Immigration and Visa Discussion Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Canada Immigration Topics > Express Entry Immigration
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Post ITA submission doubts and queries !

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shrik14 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Post ITA submission doubts and queries !
    Posted: 22 Jun 2017 at 5:04am
Hey guys,

This is my first post here. I had finished submitting all the documents on may 18th after receiving my ITA.  This is the current status now

Application status: We received your application. We will send you a message when there is an update or if we need more information from you. 
Review of eligibility: We are reviewing whether you meet the eligibility requirements. 
Review of medical results: You do not need a medical exam. We will send you a message if this changes. 
Review of additional documents: The additional documents you provided are being reviewed. 
Interview: You do not need an interview. We will send you a message if this changes. 
Biometrics: We do not need your fingerprints. We will send you a message if this changes. 
Background check: Not applicable. 
Final decision: Your application is in progress. We will send you a message once the final decision has been made

My doubts:

1) When can i start seeing changes in the status?

2) I have an overall experience of 3 years and 2 months  and have been working at my company's client location for the past 1 year and 3 months. The roles and responsibilities I have been given in the client company matches the NOC when compared to the roles i was handling in my parent company which only matches partially. I have however got reference letters from my managers both in my parent company as well as the client. Will the visa officer call both my companies for background checks? I am in the HR profession and my managers will mostly be on calls or in meetings and may not be able to attend calls in case the officer call them on their desk phones. I have provided both the mobile and desk numbers in the reference letters. Will they call them on their mobile phones in case they are not picking up their desk phones?

3) How long will the whole process take for the embassy to decide on the final status?

4) Assuming I get the green signal and head to Canada, is there a particular time frame within which i should be able to get a job in my NOC?

Thanks in advance for the inputs !
colin View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Immigration Attorney

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote colin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Jun 2017 at 10:12pm
1) The time frame depends on each individual case therefore, it is hard to say in how long you will see changes. The average processing time is approximately 6 months.

2) It is impossible to say whether or not they will call your companies. If the letters you provided are complete and contain all the required information then they might not call at all. If the letters don't have all the necessary information then they could call or they could also simply refuse your application, everything is to the officer's discretion. Many applications are refused on the basis of incomplete supporting documentation. The officer is not required to ask you to provide more complete letters. Part of our representations with our clients, specifically addresses this delicate but important issue.

3) Approximately 6 months

4) Once more, this is impossible to estimate how long it will take you to find employment. Resourceful individuals have improved chances. We provide all our clients with employment search consulting services, as part of our mandates, through our in-house, employment recruitment enterprise - Global Recruiters of Montreal (https://grnmontreal.com)

And in early July we will be launching our newest venture, (https://skilledworker.com) helping all our clients including employers, to source excellent overseas talent.

Edited by colin - 28 Jun 2017 at 10:15pm
Colin Singer, Canada Immigration Lawyer & Managing Partner, immigration.ca
shrik14 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shrik14 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Jun 2017 at 11:03pm
Thanks for the reply Colin !!

Regarding visa rejection, will job profile or NOC be a reason for rejection? i have applied under the NOC 1223 and my job roles and responsibilities matches more than 80%. Since it is a HR role and I am pretty sure that there will be plenty of people available in the local job market, will this be a reason for rejection?
shini2969 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shini2969 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Nov 2017 at 9:06am
Hello There,

What is the status now ? How long it took to get a reply next ?
Did u already get a reply ?

Mine is in the same state now ... Please let me know .......
Regards,
Shini
shrik14 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shrik14 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Nov 2017 at 3:14am
I got my passport stamped in september. Have booked my tickets and will be landing in march. 
Revsdurai88 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Revsdurai88 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Dec 2017 at 4:59am
Hi, what were the documents that you needed to provide? Did they do a background check?
Can you please explain what you went through? It will be helpful to me.
 I have a different home address and a different work address. And my current company doesn't support reference letters. Are these gonna be a problem?
shrik14 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shrik14 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Dec 2017 at 9:22am
1) WES evaluation
2) IELTS certificate
3) Photographs (according to their format)
4) Proof of funds
5) 3 months payslips and latest appraisals/salary revision document
6) Reference letter
7) offer and relieving letters of your workplaces
8) Bachelors and masters degree certificates
9) Police clearance certificate

Can you please clarify "I have a different home address and a different work address". Reference letter is mandatory as CIC have to verify your job roles and responsibilities with the NOC you have applied under. I gave my reference letter with the company letter head and CIC didnt contact my employer for background check. That being said, it depends on which visa office your application is being processed in and the kind of company you are working/have worked in. From what i heard, if the company is well known and has a good online presence and if you are able to produce a reference letter with the company letterhead, chances of CIC calling and checking are less. 

If you are not able to get a letter on the letter head, you have to attach a copy of your manager's ID card and/or business card. 

I think your application will not be successful if you are not able to get the reference letter. 
colin View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Immigration Attorney

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote colin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Jan 2018 at 9:05am
Regarding the reference letters from your employers, please note that you will need to provide the letter with all the required information to ICCRC. If you are unable to do so because the company is refusing to provide it to you, you can provide a copy of the email the employer sent to you that states that they cannot give you a letter of reference with all the required information. You can provide them an official letter from the company that states that you worked there, a copy of pay stubs, contracts, etc. However, there is no guarantee that ICCRC will accept these instead of a complete reference letter.

As for the addresses, please clarify what you mean by "I have a different home address and a different work address".
Colin Singer, Canada Immigration Lawyer & Managing Partner, immigration.ca
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic