Canada Immigration and Visa Discussion Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Canada Immigration Topics > Preserving Permanent Residence Status
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Cancellation of my PR

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gloomysky Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Cancellation of my PR
    Posted: 15 Jun 2017 at 12:31pm
Hi,

i got married in 2013. I got my Canadian PR just one year ago.Me and my husband had a fight some months ago, he told me as he is not feeling well he wants to visit his parents back home. I came along with my husband , while i have reached i did not notice that he kept my passport and pr. After 2 days i saw i dont have my passport and pr in my wallet. I called him but unable to reach him. after some days i figured out that he is in Canada. Now he wants to cancel my pr. Can he do that?

I brought a house in a partnership with my husband,  in the meantime and also i was working in a telecom company as a supervisor in Toronto.

Please let me know i dont have my passport and pr with me how can i get back to Canada and if he requested to cancel my pr can he do that?
pmm View Drop Down
Top Member
Top Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pmm Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Jun 2017 at 4:07pm
Hi

Originally posted by gloomysky gloomysky wrote:

Hi,

i got married in 2013. I got my Canadian PR just one year ago.Me and my husband had a fight some months ago, he told me as he is not feeling well he wants to visit his parents back home. I came along with my husband , while i have reached i did not notice that he kept my passport and pr. After 2 days i saw i dont have my passport and pr in my wallet. I called him but unable to reach him. after some days i figured out that he is in Canada. Now he wants to cancel my pr. Can he do that?

I brought a house in a partnership with my husband,  in the meantime and also i was working in a telecom company as a supervisor in Toronto.

Please let me know i dont have my passport and pr with me how can i get back to Canada and if he requested to cancel my pr can he do that?

1. No he can't cancel your PR.
2. You need to get a replacement passport and then apply for Permanent Resident Travel Document. The application is here: http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/travel-document/
3. You can submit the application with your passport to the VAC serving your city of residence or the closest one.
PMM
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic