Canada Immigration and Visa Discussion Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Canada Immigration Topics > Family Class Sponsorship
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Sponsorwhip application status?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shamama Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Sponsorwhip application status?
    Posted: 29 Nov 2009 at 1:29pm
What is the timeline for sponsorship approval? Checked CAS using receipt number and no record under my or my husbands name. According to registered post the documents were received in Mississauga Nov 6. Should I worry?
shamama View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shamama Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Nov 2009 at 1:34pm
Nevermind, checked the website and it says 31 days for sponsorship processing IF received before or on Nov 3 2009 and can be checked on eCAS...anything after that has not yet been processed.
peachy871 View Drop Down
Average Member
Average Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote peachy871 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Nov 2009 at 6:51pm
Thanks for posting that! Where does it give that info on the website. I was getting worried as well since my application isn't showing either. I did send mine later than you but just the same, I would like to be able to keep an eye out for any updated posts re processing time for anything after Nov 3 2009.

Thanks!
Peachy
mitamata View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mitamata Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Nov 2009 at 7:37pm
The processing times for Canada offices are here:

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/times/canada/process-in.asp#sponsorship

Edited by mitamata - 29 Nov 2009 at 7:37pm
peachy871 View Drop Down
Average Member
Average Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote peachy871 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Nov 2009 at 7:52pm
Thanks, mitamata!!
Peachy
smartin View Drop Down
Average Member
Average Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote smartin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Nov 2009 at 11:10pm
actually the time posted on cic site is a bit not accurate, so it can possibly be that they work on the 6th or 7th of November now.
dpenabill View Drop Down
Top Member
Top Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dpenabill Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Nov 2009 at 6:32am
The posted timelines are based on historical data and thus not a prognosis (let alone a promise) but more of a guide, a relative range of reasonable expectation. But, of course, every app, including the sponsorship approval itself prior to the PR app being sent to the appropriate Visa Office to be processed, is individual and subject to all the vagaries of bureaucratic processes. Including, of course, mistakes and omissions made by the applicants, which can cause delays ranging from brief to more extended ones during which requests for addtional info or docs is made and must be responded to. To be sure, most applicants make some mistakes: my wife and I worked diligently on our application, and went over things multiple times, checking and re-checking checklists, but not too long after sending the whole thing off I started recognizing some mistakes, and just recently, well over a year since my PR visa was issued, I noticed another significant omission (a query posted in another forum alerted me to something I had overlooked). So the thing is to be patient, to relax if you can, maybe review your copy of the paperwork to reassure yourself that you submitted a strong, convincing application, and don't get too worried about the minutia -- there is quite a bit of flexibility written into the process, which works in favor of most applicants (recognizing the exceptions, the painful exceptions).
Bureaucracy is what bureaucracy does, or When in doubt, follow the instructions. Otherwise, follow the instructions.

BTW: Not an expert, not a Can. lawyer, never worked in immigration
shamama View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shamama Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Nov 2009 at 7:29am
Thank you for your posts, they've been very positive and helpful. I guess the hardest part is that I think our app is straightforward; we've been married and living in Ireland 7 years, have a son, now relocating to Canada where we have a place to live and I have a job offer...all of which was included in our app so I don't get why it should take so long. But everyone has to be treated fairly, I understand that.
shamama View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shamama Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Dec 2009 at 10:18am
Ok, so checked status with eCAS - I'm the sponsor living outside Canada and didn't realise that I had to enter MY name, DOB and country of birth - anyway, it said decision was made and letter sent Nov 27 so fingers crosses!

App receieved: Nov 6
decision mailed out: Nov 27
Recieved: ??
tgchi13 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tgchi13 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Dec 2009 at 7:20pm
It seems silly that this process comes down to luck, but since it does: Best of luck!
tgchi ~
'so close, no matter how far, couldn't be much more from the heart, forever trusting who WE are and nothing else matters' Going State-side!
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic