Canada Immigration and Visa Discussion Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Canada Visa / Temporary Entry Topics > Study Visa
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Criminal Records

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Message Reverse Sort Order
w45iim View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote w45iim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Criminal Records
    Posted: 10 Apr 2017 at 3:28pm
Thanks for the reply...i will mention it.
I want to point out that i dont think that will show up on the uk criminal records..
Firstly the first arrest was only a warning
Secondly i was cleared of all charges.
As far as i am aware a criminal record will show history of conviction/sentence in jail.

Correct me if i am wrong.
pmm View Drop Down
Top Member
Top Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pmm Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Apr 2017 at 1:47pm
Hi

Originally posted by w45iim w45iim wrote:

Hi everyone...i am actually applying for a Student Visa to Canada but would like some clarification.

Me and my wife was in UK for 7years...she was student and i was the dependant.

We got separated and our visa was also refused, hence i decided to return back to my country and she applied for extension to stay.   When i fill the form, do i need to mention that my visa was refused?? I am actually in my home country now and i have a new passport(old one is expired)

Secondly

During my stay in UK, i was arrested on the following charges: Handling Stolen Goods, the case went on for about a year and a half then i was later CLEARED of all charges.

On another occasion i was also arrested for slapping my wife, i was given a warning and release by the police. Do i have to state this also??

Also there s a question "<font color="#222222">Have you ever committed, been arrested for, or charge with or convicted of any criminal offence in any country??  WHAT SHOULD I MENTION HERE??
<font color="#222222">
<font color="#222222">
<font color="#222222" size="3">Anyone's help will be greatly appreciated.
<font color="#222222" size="3">
<font color="#222222" size="3">Thanks
<font color="#222222" size="3">
<font color="#222222" face="arial, sans-serif"><span style="font-size: 12.8px;">
</span>

1. Yes you have to mention the refusal
2. Yes, you have to note the two arrests. Better get a UK criminal records check as IRCC will probably request it.
3. Fail to mention the refusal and arrests and there is a good chance you would be refused for misrepresentation and barred for 5 years.
PMM
w45iim View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote w45iim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Apr 2017 at 3:48am
Hi everyone...i am actually applying for a Student Visa to Canada but would like some clarification.

Me and my wife was in UK for 7years...she was student and i was the dependant.

We got separated and our visa was also refused, hence i decided to return back to my country and she applied for extension to stay.   When i fill the form, do i need to mention that my visa was refused?? I am actually in my home country now and i have a new passport(old one is expired)

Secondly

During my stay in UK, i was arrested on the following charges: Handling Stolen Goods, the case went on for about a year and a half then i was later CLEARED of all charges.

On another occasion i was also arrested for slapping my wife, i was given a warning and release by the police. Do i have to state this also??

Also there s a question "Have you ever committed, been arrested for, or charge with or convicted of any criminal offence in any country??  WHAT SHOULD I MENTION HERE??

Anyone's help will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic