Canada Immigration and Visa Discussion Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Canada Visa / Temporary Entry Topics > Work Visa
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

entry to Canada with the Canada work permit

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote saizad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: entry to Canada with the Canada work permit
    Posted: 26 Mar 2017 at 11:55am
I have Visitor visa for Canada. My USA student visa is expired but i have valid F-1(student) status in USA, I wish to apply for Canada work permit (as a dependent of my Wife). Once Canada work permit is approved Can i make a entry to Canada without any issue since my USA visa is expired and i cannot go back to USA?
Is there any Chance of Denial of Entry into Canada since i will be leaving USA without graduating where i am currently enrolled?
colin View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Immigration Attorney

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote colin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Mar 2017 at 1:01pm
Assuming you are a foreign national that requires an entry visa to Canada, you must apply for a work permit while in the US. Once approved, along with a Temporary Resident Visa, which we assume you require, you would appear at the border to Canada where you will be questioned. If you satisfy a border officer a work permit will be issued.   Canada's CSBA officers have full discretion to permit your admission to Canada. Unless you raise serious concerns, the CBSA officers will normally comply with the visa office decision.
Read more about who needs a temporary resident visa here:

http://www.immigration.ca/canada-visit-tourist-visa/

Colin Singer, Canada Immigration Lawyer & Managing Partner, immigration.ca
saizad View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote saizad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Apr 2017 at 12:05pm
I have visitor (V-1) visa for Canada. Is that sufficient to make an entry with approved work permit or i need to apply for another type of visa??
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic