Canada Immigration and Visa Discussion Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Canada Immigration Topics > Express Entry Immigration
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Express Entry

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lancaster15 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Express Entry
    Posted: 21 Mar 2017 at 11:27am
 Hello

Im applying for the Entry Express Visa. When uploading my profile it asks me whether I do have them assessed by a Canadian Institution. My question is whether do  I need to have them assessed before applying? or is something that I can get done once they invite me to continue in the process? 

Thanks in advance!

Odra 
colin View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Immigration Attorney

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote colin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Mar 2017 at 1:31pm
Hi Odra

When submitting an application for immigration to Canada under Express Entry, you must front load a number of essential documents. To earn points for your education, you must prove that you earned a Canadian diploma or certificate, OR have your foreign education assessed by an institution approved by CIC to show it is valid and equal to a completed Canadian credential.

You must include your Canadian credential or your foreign credential and Educational Credential Assessment (ECA) report when you submit an Express Entry profile.

The ECA report must show that your completed foreign credential (degree, diploma or certificate) is equal to a completed Canadian secondary school (high school) or post-secondary credential.

An Express Entry profile cannot be submitted without an ECA report.

For more information regarding the Selection factors, please visit:

http://www.immigration.ca/who-qualifies-for-canadian-permanent-residence-skilled-worker-immigration

Check out our annotated Canada immigration manuals:

http://www.immigration.ca/the-list-of-mandatory-documents-for-all-applicants/

You can visit this page as well

http://www.immigration.ca/minimum-education-requirement/

Colin Singer

Edited by colin - 21 Mar 2017 at 1:43pm
Lancaster15 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lancaster15 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Mar 2017 at 9:05am
Mr. Collins

Thanks for your kind response

A last question: In that case it is recommendable to asses the higher diploma I have obtained? This is because I made a postgrade in England in 2015, but I have two more diplomas from my origin country. 

Thanks in advance!
colin View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Immigration Attorney

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote colin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Mar 2017 at 10:48am
We usually recommend that all university degrees are assessed as more points can be obtained when a candidate has one three-year bachelor's degree AND another university-level degree of at least one year or more.

If the highest degree is a postgraduate of one or two years, then it should be assessed together with the bachelor's degree, not by itself.

If a candidate has a Master's degree, they can choose to evaluate just this one degree, as it will give the required number of points, as long as it is evaluated at the level of a Master's in Canada.

This is as general as we can be without knowing the specifics of your education. To obtain an exact assessment of your case, you will need to book a paid consultation appointment with our team. We charge USD $99.95 for up to 30-minutes consultation. You may refer to this link:

http://www.immigration.ca/immigration-telephone-consultation/

Hope this helps!

Colin Singer
Stafeen View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Stafeen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Apr 2017 at 3:22am
Hi,

i'm trying to register and apply on EE BUT I always receive the answer when i submit "you do not meet the criteria" so my application is rejected.

When i write to the embassy i receive answer after 3weeks and they tell me i have not give the Equivalence info. BUT I DID.

How can i apply because i'm sure i have the required ability to be on the list and maybe be selected.
I'm bilingual French/English...have the ECA. Don't get why i cant submit!

Any info would be most welcome.

Regards,

Stafeen
Desean View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Desean Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Oct 2017 at 7:57pm
Hi, if i have less than a year work experience but i have 550 CSR points can i still apply for express entry?
D-Money
colin View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Immigration Attorney

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote colin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Oct 2017 at 11:57pm
For Desean

The 1 year continuous and full-time (at least 30 hours per week) skilled (NOC 0, A or B) work experience is part of the minimal requirements to qualify for the federal skilled workers program. If you do not meet this requirement, you do not qualify for the federal skilled workers program.

Please refer to this link to learn more about the federal skilled workers program: http://www.immigration.ca/skilled-worker-immigration-overview/
Colin Singer, Canada Immigration Lawyer & Managing Partner, immigration.ca
colin View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Immigration Attorney

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote colin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Oct 2017 at 11:58pm
For Stafeen

If following assessment of your information, the Express Entry system states that you do not meet the requirements, some information must have been entered incorrectly, or you must be missing points, or failing to meet a criteria to qualify for the federal skilled workers program, CEC, or skilled trades.

Please refer to this link to learn more about the federal skilled workers program: http://www.immigration.ca/skilled-worker-immigration-overview/

You can submit your information to our office through our free online assessment. An advisor will review your qualifications and contact you within 1 to 2 business days with more information about your immigration options:https://secure.immigration.ca/assess2.asp
Colin Singer, Canada Immigration Lawyer & Managing Partner, immigration.ca
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic