Canada Immigration and Visa Discussion Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Canada Immigration Topics > Family Class Sponsorship
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Online payment! HELP!

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote DamCanadian Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 May 2012 at 3:28am
Is it a credit/debit card..meaning, it can be used as EITHER credit OR debit??  If so..then you CAN'T USE IT!!  This happened to me too--it HAS to be credit ONLY.  I don't know why it's that way but this was definitely the reason we got the error when we did it (there was plenty of money on the credit/debit so that wasn't the problem).  We tried our credit-only card right after getting the error twice on the other card, and it went through without any issues at all.  I wonder if for whatever reason, it reads it as debit, and so it denies it.  I have ONLY had this issue with paying immigration fees--every single other business reads the card as credit if they tell it to.. Confused
Applied 02/25/2012
Arrived Mississauga 03/02/2012
Sponsor Approved 06/04/2012
winston07 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote winston07 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Jun 2012 at 4:57am

Hi,   I’m new to this site and am having similar problems...  I am a Canadian Citizen sponsoring my husband form England.   We are applying from abroad (England)  CAN we pay online???  The website is SO confusing. Part of it says yes, online is preferred then somewhere it says you have to pay by bank draft etc…..     I would prefer to pay online so I can finally get this application sent… Will they(immigration) accept it if it is paid online??   Any help is very much appreciated!!!  J

pmm View Drop Down
Top Member
Top Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pmm Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Jun 2012 at 1:17pm
Hi

Originally posted by winston07 winston07 wrote:

<font size="3" face="Times New Roman">

<p style="margin: 0cm 0cm 0pt;" ="Msonormal"><font face="Times New Roman">Hi, <span style="mso-spacerun: yes;">  </span>I’m new to this
site and am having similar problems...<span style="mso-spacerun: yes;">  </span>I
am a Canadian Citizen sponsoring my husband form <?: prefix = st1 ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:smarttags" /><st1:country-region w:st="on"><st1:place w:st="on">England</st1:place></st1:country-region>.<span style="mso-spacerun: yes;">   </span>We are applying from abroad (<st1:country-region w:st="on"><st1:place w:st="on">England</st1:place></st1:country-region>)<span style="mso-spacerun: yes;">  </span>CAN we pay online???<span style="mso-spacerun: yes;">  </span>The website is SO confusing. Part of it says
yes, online is preferred then somewhere it says you have to pay by bank draft etc…..<span style="mso-spacerun: yes;">     </span>I would prefer to pay online so I can
finally get this application sent… Will they(immigration) accept it if it is paid
online??<span style="mso-spacerun: yes;">   </span>Any help is very much
appreciated!!!<span style="mso-spacerun: yes;">  </span>
<span style='font-family: Wingdings; mso-ascii-font-family: "Times New Roman"; mso-hansi-font-family: "Times New Roman"; mso-char-: symbol; mso-symbol-font-family: Wingdings;'><span style="mso-char-: symbol; mso-symbol-font-family: Wingdings;">J</span></span><font face="Times New Roman">

<font size="3" face="Times New Roman">

Yes, you pay on line, selecting Mississauga as your sponsorship and the application go there first, before forwarding the application (if approved) to London.
PMM
winston07 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote winston07 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Jun 2012 at 4:52am
Thank you so much!!!!   
bella47 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bella47 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Jun 2014 at 1:58pm
Both my spouse and myself tried using our bank cards (debit & credit) to pay for a citizenship certificate. It would not go through. Makes sense that it will only work with a credit ONLY card. Thank You!!!
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
  Share Topic