Canada Immigration and Visa Discussion Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Canada Immigration Topics > Family Class Sponsorship
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Hong Kong

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 45464748>
Author
Top Member
Top Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pmm Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Oct 2011 at 12:53pm
Hi

Originally posted by Waiting Time Waiting Time wrote:

I'm an authorized representative for a friend trying to sponsor her husband to Canada. They had their interview in Hong Kong on Sept 26, 2011. Their application date was February 2011.However, the application was rejected. The reasoning was that her husband failed to answer questions that satisfied the VO ( B. Beaupre ) that the marriage was genuine.Does anybody know the steps to starting the appeal process ???Thanks !

You (as the representative) and the applicant will receive a copy of the refusal letter. You will have 30 days to submit an appeal to the Immigration Appeal Division. See: http://www.irb.gc.ca/eng/brdcom/references/procedures/proc/iadsai/info/Pages/marriage.aspx
I really hope you have done this before, because it can be tricky.
PMM
Waiting Time View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Waiting Time Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Oct 2011 at 6:33pm
pmm,

Thanks for the link. I won't attempt to do this myself. I'll advise my friend to hire an immigration consultant who specializes in appeals.

I was wondering if any Forum members went through this appeal process and what their outcome was.
Rhonald View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rhonald Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Nov 2011 at 7:52pm
Visa package sent on 21 Nov 2011 by registered mail and tracking number is *************. Please allow 2 weeks for delivery.
Yours truly,

Immigration Section

Consulate General of Canada

12th Floor, Tower 1, Exchange Square

8 Connaught Place, Central, Hong Kong

Clap
Rhonald View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rhonald Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Nov 2011 at 7:35am
Well it's offical now. My wife got a call to go to the post office, and sure enough it was to sign for her passport. Christmas gift came early this year - thanks Santa. Beer
chipsfan7mary4 View Drop Down
Average Member
Average Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote chipsfan7mary4 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Nov 2011 at 9:30am
Congrats!  It must be a terrific feeling!  My wife has been in Canada 3 years now!  It is citizenship time for her!
Rhonald View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rhonald Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Nov 2011 at 9:41pm
Well say hello to the new Canadian for me Smile
Yes I remember well your postings chipsfan and your happy tidings helps put closure for me on these forms. It seems like postings here have dried up with many finally getting results and so few newbies starting their own questions.

I remember as a child always having mandarin oranges around Christmas time, and finally, I will have my own special Mandarian to share this Christmas with. Thumbs Up
Average Member
Average Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote chipsfan7mary4 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Nov 2011 at 9:42am
I too have wondered about where everyone went??  Anyway, now you have completed on journey and a new one begins!  It will be a wonderful journey, living with your wife in Canada.  At times it will be tough, but nowhere near as tough as waiting.  You should get your wife registered in LINC, free ESL for newcomers, as soon as you can.  My wife took it a few months after getting settled in.  She met a lot of Chinese people that she is still friends with 3 years later.  It is very important, at least in my opinion, that my wife can speak Mandarin with people whenever she can.  It also is good because she can hear about how other people got to Canada.  We found that she was only one of the only people to have immigrated after marrying a Canadian.  Most were business immigrants and skilled workers.  Your wife will have a advantage because she will be speaking English almost all the time because of you and your family.  Some of her friends who have been here for 5 or 6 years have the same English ability my wife had when we met years ago.  They do okay, but wish they could have more exposure to English.

Well let us know when she actually gets here!  Take care.

Oh yeah,  it takes 7 to 9 months to finally get citizenship after you qualify due to time spent in Canada.  Mostly waiting time again.

Edited by chipsfan7mary4 - 29 Nov 2011 at 9:44am
mark_s_p View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mark_s_p Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Nov 2011 at 7:55pm
got approval in October.  From start to finish it was about 14 months, but we had a 2 month delay because a communication error I had with the immigration officer.  Because of the upcoming New Year, she will be coming here in February.
Rhonald View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rhonald Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Nov 2011 at 9:26pm
Good to hear Mark. Was the 14 months from when Hong Kong received the file or from when you mailed in you application to CIC? And is her Medical still within the 1 year window? It is good to hear this kind of progress because the web site now say an average apllication takes 19 months.

Thanks for the feed back Chips, and it just reminded me to check into if I have coverage for her with Alberta Health Care.
Average Member
Average Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote chipsfan7mary4 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Nov 2011 at 9:37am
Getting Alberta Health Care is much easier than other provinces.  There is no waiting period.  My wife was on it the day after she got here.  It was pretty easy to do.

14 months is pretty quick these days Mark.  Congrats.

Edited by chipsfan7mary4 - 30 Nov 2011 at 12:04pm
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 45464748>
  Share Topic