Canada Immigration and Visa Discussion Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Canada Immigration Topics > Family Class Sponsorship
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Hong Kong

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 48>
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rhonald Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Jan 2010 at 2:04pm
Xīn Nián Kuài Lè  and hopefully this new year brings more sucesses for all here.Thumbs Up
westcoast1990 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote westcoast1990 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Jan 2010 at 1:45pm
Happy New Year, all...hope 2010 brings peace, happiness and reunification to all!

It seems that the process has to be a long wait as it is possibly due to the fact that CIC HK does not have much in terms of resources compared to CIC BJ. I had contacted my MP's Constituency Office in November (taking the cue from another poster to take this approach) and this was the explanation from them. 

Waiting is a tough thing to do...however, it's better than receiving a letter stating that your application was refused at the early stages...in any case, the wait is the result of CIC HK receiving a whole lot of applications, which does take time to get through them; sifting through loads of information and trying to figure out which case is the real thing and which is not. 

The process used to be smoother and more straight-forward. But not anymore. We have to deal with the consequences of those who, out of selfishness and greed, abused and negatively impacted the system. There was little choice but to deal with the problem in the way that is legal...through implementation of policies that respond to this problem. In our collective experience with policies, this usually results in a more tougher and, hence painfully slower, process. 

We have to endure what appears to be a prolonged wait and heartache for your loved one...being apart like this is a very tough thing to experience...however, in my idealistic heart, I see it in this way: this test of time only serves to strengthen and affirm the love between you and your loved one...and we will wait, as it is founded in the bond that exists between spouses. That makes the whole world of difference.  
westcoast1990 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote westcoast1990 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Jan 2010 at 1:26am
By the way, good news...we just received the letter asking for my wife's passport for the visa. The waiting period is over. Hope I see the same happen for everyone with applications with CIC HK.
Mrs.is_Here View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mrs.is_Here Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Jan 2010 at 4:15pm
Hey King. It's formerly Miss my Mrs. here.
Don't be frustrated at the bring forward thing. It's a good sign. My wife got her letter to pu the visa 2 days after her bring forward date. So maybe some good news will come of it.
It's nice to see you all here again. Just an update on us. My wife is here and settling in quite nicely. She's totally taken over my apartment, my bathroom looks like a pink volcano has erupted in it. She's having a wonderful time being the tourist and learning how to navigate here in vancouver.

Hope 2010 brings great news for everyone who still needs it.

king125 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote king125 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Feb 2010 at 9:06am
They bring foward a file every two months, is that correct? They brought her file foward on December 21st and still have not heard anything except the MP's office said she was in the queue for an interview and her file was being brought foward on December 21st 2009.
And as I understand it, they bring foward a file each 2 months to make sure it is not just put aside and forgotten
king125 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote king125 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Feb 2010 at 9:23am

Does any know what this means? We recieved a letter in December after my last inquiry, saying she was in an interview queue and have not heard anythng since. I contacted my MP again and this is the reply.

"Hello Rob:

CIC contacted me this a.m. (Feb. 2nd , 2010) and said that on December 14th Su Quing  case has now in interview que.

It will be brought forward to a unit – on March 4th.

They cannot tell us when the interview will be, so keep close contact with Su .

She has received by letter the same information that I am telling you now.

If she is approved at the interview, she will have move forward with police clearance and medicals.

There won’t be any further updates until after March 4th, 2010 they say.

Faith"

Does this mean they will give her an interview date on March 4th or just going to the interview unit?
chipsfan7mary4 View Drop Down
Average Member
Average Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote chipsfan7mary4 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Feb 2010 at 10:15am
Chances are that they will not schedule the interview until after March 4, 2010.  I had a bring forward on the last CAIPS I received.  There was no word of an interview, however we did get an interview request not much after the bring forward date.  I do not remember dates now, but I remember it pissed me off that an interview request was place not much after I got the CAIPS and the bring forward date.  Generally a file will not be touched until the bring forward date.  Also we got the visa the same day as the interview which also points to them not doing anything until after the bring forward date.  You never know though, a VO could have the power to do what they want.  If you expect and interview in March, your wife should be getting a letter in the next couple weeks as they normally give 4-6 weeks advance notice to mainland Chinese so they can get the required travel documents.  It is close now!!
king125 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote king125 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Feb 2010 at 11:02am
Yeah, she had a bring foward date also on December 21st 2009, this is crazy and gettng worse in the waiting times.
Maybe they reached their quota for this year and have to wait for the new session of  Parliament in March to open the gates again.  Just seems funny to me it one day after the new session begins.
Of course it could also drive you mad trying to figure out their reasoning!

Mrs.is_Here View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mrs.is_Here Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Feb 2010 at 2:32pm
You could always try a very angry letter to the minister of immigration and send a copy to the HK office. That's what i did.
chipsfan7mary4 View Drop Down
Average Member
Average Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote chipsfan7mary4 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Feb 2010 at 3:42pm
That might work or it might piss them off.  I think it would be okay if you had a strong case and it was just waiting to be reviewed.  If you have a weak case it may cause problems.  No matter what though, no one likes having someone complain about how there doing there job and telling the 'boss'.  My CAIPS request irritated my VO and he told me.  It is so hard to say.  If you are already scheduled for an interview it may not even help and may hinder.  Who knows?  I would wait because I believe that MR without his Mrs and Mrs is here did not have any information let alone an interview request pending.  Good luck!
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 48>
  Share Topic