Canada Immigration and Visa Discussion Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Canada Immigration Topics > Family Class Sponsorship
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Hong Kong

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 48>
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote king125 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Hong Kong
    Posted: 10 Dec 2009 at 1:12pm
Angry I am so very fed up with this. They seem to be in a world of their own. It is close to 9 months now since my wives application was received and all that can say is "that her file is marked to be brought forward on December 21, 2009." That will be past nine months and her medicial will expire by then and so will her police clearance. So delay and delays.Cry
IslandGirl View Drop Down
Average Member
Average Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote IslandGirl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Dec 2009 at 2:28am
You are just past minimum processing times for HK
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/times/international/05-fc-spouses.asp#asia
8-14 months and this is from the time HK gets the file, not from when you sent it in or from when CIC-M opened it

Originally posted by king125 king125 wrote:

Angry I am so very fed up with this. They seem to be in a world of their own. It is close to 9 months now since my wives application was received and all that can say is "that her file is marked to be brought forward on December 21, 2009." That will be past nine months and her medicial will expire by then and so will her police clearance. So delay and delays.Cry
Used to be known here as "feb7" - there's no doubt to my gender this way
My previous profile
king125 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote king125 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Dec 2009 at 9:17am

I got fed up and did a "Case Specific Enquiry" and my wife received an email saying  "Your application is in our interview queue. We'll contact you in writing once an interview date is set." I wonder how long that will take. I am sure it will be in 6 weeks after she recieves the letter, but how long until they send her the letter?

chipsfan7mary4 View Drop Down
Average Member
Average Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote chipsfan7mary4 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Dec 2009 at 12:36pm
My wife was the only one from the previous Hong Kong Thread to have an interview in Hong Kong.  You are right, the time from the interview request to the interview was about 6 weeks.  At the time we went through Hong Kong it wasn't as busy and slow as now.  I found out about the interview time on October 6, 2008. I ordered my last CAIPS on September 8, 2008 and got them on October 21, 2008.   My CAIPS said there was a bring forward date of Sept 17, 2008.  So that being the case it should be around a month in the queue.  However the CAIPS may have not mentioned the interview queue.
king125 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote king125 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Dec 2009 at 6:03pm
Chipsfan, makes you wonder why they choose some for interviews. I it because we bother them so much and it is their pay back. I also believe you have a child, as I do. I wonder if they want to make sure our spouse knows about the child and reaction etc.

I just dont understand their reasoning at all

Edited by king125 - 15 Dec 2009 at 6:06pm
mitang View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mitang Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Dec 2009 at 9:53pm
Took me a while to realize they have a new forum. It's cleaner looking.

Yeah, I don't understand how they decide who needs an interview and who doesnt.
Liuzhou View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Liuzhou Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Dec 2009 at 2:36pm
Although there may be some IO's who do it out of spite, I would like to think that they are smart enough to realize that interviews add more to their workload.  I'm sure they would prefer to simply "rubber-stamp" every case.  I have seen some posts by people here that were agressive with the Embassy and they didn't get called for an interview. 

I suspect in most cases, an interview is requested if something looks a odd.    They no doubt see a lot of fake applications being submitted (hence the 48% rejection rate for 2008), so any real application that has a fake flavor to it, they probably request the interview simply to put to rest any doubts they have about the case.

Guilty until proven innocent..
chipsfan7mary4 View Drop Down
Average Member
Average Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote chipsfan7mary4 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Dec 2009 at 4:32pm
I still will never know why my wife was called for an interview, which lasted 10 minutes.  I was angry at first because I felt we were being called liars.  As time went on the anger turned to motivation to prove them wrong.  In the end it was for the best as we got all her life together and she came home with me.  It sure would be cheaper than a lawyer for an appeal.  Perhaps random chance or just wanted to see for himself.
Mr_with_his_Mrs View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mr_with_his_Mrs Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Dec 2009 at 12:05pm
I think they have a list of criteria that they use to determine who gets called.  I have noticed that it actually tends to be regionally specific.

For example, if your spouse comes from a big city and a middle class family, you are probably not going to get called for an interview.  If your spouse is from a village and is quite poor, there is probably going to be scrutiny.  It is not right, but it is what they do.

I am sure the hit list includes age, economic background, educational similarity, etc. 

I have also noticed (via canlii.org) that the overwhelming number of interviews and rejections are between chinese/chinese pairings as opposed to caucasian/chinese pairings. 

It is a mystery.  It also could be that whoever sets the policy for the immigration section at HK is just a dick as well. I don't know.  It does remain however one of the longest waits and has the highest rejection rate in the entire world, even higher than Africa.Dead

This has always puzzled me as Southern China is acutally quite affluent compared to the other parts and the BeiJing embassy is a rocket.

All of the speculation tends to disappear after your spouse lands though.  Keep in mind that none of us on this thread have suffered a rejection! Star

It is just a ballbusting wait.  11 months +
Formerly Mr_without_his_Mrs
mitang View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mitang Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Jan 2010 at 12:26am
Just wanted to wish everyone a Happy New Year!
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 48>
  Share Topic