Canada Immigration and Visa Discussion Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Canada Immigration Topics > Family Class Sponsorship
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Hong Kong

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345 48>
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote king125 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Feb 2010 at 8:20am

I know CIC does not like to be bothered. They do not like it when you order CAISP’s etc. If they would put more information on the web sites like brought forward, medical received, reviewed, etc instead of just "in process"they probably would not get so many requests. From people I have spoken to online, most of the spouses waiting are more concerned that the file is lying in a drawer some place forgotten because of lack of information.

Edited by king125 - 03 Feb 2010 at 8:22am
ebrenchley View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ebrenchley Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Mar 2010 at 7:26pm
Just got word from my MP after a request for case information: Hong Kong told them not to even start asking until after 14 months (they seem to think this is some sort of minimum now). 9 months and counting on one of the easiest cases they'll have to process ... good job Hong Kong!
Rhonald View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rhonald Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Mar 2010 at 10:55pm

Just over 8 months for us and I have a feeling it will be longer then 14 months now for us. Welcome to the 80% club done in 14 months where patience is a premium.Unhappy

tupa01 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tupa01 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Mar 2010 at 11:33pm
It looks like for Hong Kong, it's better to apply inland.
Mr_with_his_Mrs View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mr_with_his_Mrs Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Mar 2010 at 11:27am
If you happen to be a Hong Kong resident and can enter Canada visa free.  For the mainlanders going through HK, it is not possible to apply inland. 
Formerly Mr_without_his_Mrs
king125 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote king125 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Mar 2010 at 8:22am
LOL
Seems to be a game now

We did receive this on Feb 2nd 2010.
"Hello Rob:
CIC contacted me this a.m. (Feb. 2nd , 2010) and said that on December 14th Su's  case has now in interview que.
It will be brought forward to a unit – on March 4th.

They cannot tell us when the interview will be, so keep close contact with Su .

She has received by letter the same information that I am telling you now.

If she is approved at the interview, she will have move forward with police clearance and medicals.

There won’t be any further updates until after March 4th, 2010 they say."

So now it is about 3 weeks since March 4th 2010 and stil have not heard a bloody thing from Hong Kong

king125 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote king125 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Mar 2010 at 9:16am
Hey, I just found the results of the aduit done on Hong Kong

Seems intresting and explains some of the delays which includes renovations, increase in applications, fraud
etc

Rhonald View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rhonald Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Mar 2010 at 10:13pm
Thanks for the update Rob. I guess you are at about 12 months since HK recieved your documents? We are at 9 months now with no word.

Was the note from Hong Kong sent to you by email, or did you get a letter from them? Also have you checked your status on line at CIC to see if there has been any change in status there? I still keep seeing no change for us. And if you haven't heard anything until now, then I guess I still have another 3 to 5 months to wait.

That is why I decided to book another trip to Shenzhen and I will see my tietie on March 31. Was last October when last we were together.Heart

Oh Rob - my wife asks if for you guys if there are any children involved for the visa? For us she has a 15 year old boy.

Edited by Rhonald - 24 Mar 2010 at 12:00am
ebrenchley View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ebrenchley Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Apr 2010 at 12:33pm
A FINE REASON FOR YOUR SPOUSE TO APPLY FOR CDN CITIZENSHIP:

Arranged a nice little weekend trip from China to Bangkok recently. If you don't know, Thailand is one of a few countries with a visa-on-arrival policy with China. We go to check in and find out that China has a problem with my wife leaving. Straight from their (immigration's) mouth: "We cannot allow you to leave because you have just renewed your passport. It is blank and has no visas." We said we knew that and were going to get a visa in Thailand as per the apparent agreement China has with Thailand. No dice. It's apparently policy in China not to allow citizens with empty (renewed) passports travel if they are going to a visa-on-arrival country. 

Now, I've lived here for over 4 years and have heard my fare share of nonsense, but I'm usually able to laugh it off. It's rare that said nonsense ends up costing me $600 ... indeed quite rare. I'm so angry I could spit, and it's going to be one loooong weekend in this fetit dusthole of a country 1.4 billion people call home.

P.S. - 
There are people out there with bigger gripes about China than a lost weekend in Thailand, I know ... but I don't want to acknowledge that right now. Give me a few days to cool off, hahaha.
king125 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote king125 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Apr 2010 at 9:13am
Rhonald, I am sorry for the late reply. The reason we receive any information at all from Hong Kong is because we send a Case Specific Enquiry from the

Hong Kong Canadian visa office's web site  http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/offices/missions/hong-kong.asp

ebrenchley, And as for not being able to go to Thailand, most Chinese citizens need to apply for and exit visa before being allowed to leave, even if they are immigrating overseas. My wife and I have already discussed this and she knows it takes about 2 weeks. I remember reading on the old site of a Canadian that had a baby with a Chinese wife. Even though the baby was his, and was documented in the birth papers, the baby still needed to have an exit visa for the baby to leave, even though the baby was recognized as a Canadian Citizen though birth. What made it more confusing is the guy found it strange as Chinese are not allowed to carry dual citizenship.

Edited by king125 - 02 Apr 2010 at 9:16am
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345 48>
  Share Topic