Canada Immigration and Visa Discussion Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Canada Immigration Topics > Family Class Sponsorship
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

IMM1344A, Relationship to principal applicant

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote vic_guy3 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: IMM1344A, Relationship to principal applicant
    Posted: 24 May 2010 at 4:54pm
Hi,

I am filling out IMM1344A, Applicantion to sponsor and undertaking. I want to confirm something with you guys.

Under Section C (Persons being sponsored and his/her family members), under part 3 (Accompanying dependent children). I am declaring a dependent sister. There is a question:

"Relationship to principal applicant", here I will select checkbox "Dependent child" and then there are 3 checkboxes, A, B, and C. What is the meaning of these 3 checkboxes??

I am thinking:

A means She is depedent child of A (Sponsor)
B means she is dependent child of B (Co-op Sponsor)
C means she is dependent child of principal applicant)

But why would they ask for this, when they already indicated "relationship to principal applicant"

That why I am concerned, I want to confirm with you guys

Thanks

redeagle View Drop Down
Top Member
Top Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote redeagle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 May 2010 at 5:03pm
Thats not what it is, it is the terms under which she is dependant, look at the application form guide included with your pack.
It is under dependant children.

Your child or a child of the person you are sponsoring will be considered a dependent child if that child
A.is under the age of 22 and not married or in a common-law relationship; or
B.married or entered into a common-law relationship before the age 22 and, since becoming a spouse or a common-law partner, has
•been continuously enrolled and in attendance as a full-time student in a post secondary institution accredited by the relevant government authority and
•depended substantially on the financial support of a parent; or
is 22 years of age or older and, since before the age of 22, has
•been continuously enrolled and in attendance as a full-time student in a post secondary institution accredited by the relevant government authority and
•depended substantially on the financial support of a parent; or
C.is 22 years of age or older, has depended substantially on the financial support of a parent since before the age of 22 and is unable to provide for him/herself due to a medical condition.
"Will this matter a year from now?"
Probably, this is gonna be a one hell of a long journey.
vic_guy3 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote vic_guy3 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 May 2010 at 5:04pm
O, right, right, thanks so much
wordstar_28 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wordstar_28 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 May 2010 at 2:22pm
I think your sister is not qualified being one of your dependent. as I can understand your dependent refers to your spouse and your childrens.
audball View Drop Down
Top Member
Top Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote audball Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 May 2010 at 2:23pm
Originally posted by wordstar_28 wordstar_28 wrote:

I think your sister is not qualified being one of your dependent. as I can understand your dependent refers to your spouse and your childrens.

I think the OP is sponsoring his parents, with his sister coming as their dependent child
wordstar_28 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wordstar_28 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 May 2010 at 2:26pm
well in that case. her name will be there as dependent of her parents. Vic guy are you sponsoring your parents?
audball View Drop Down
Top Member
Top Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote audball Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 May 2010 at 2:28pm
http://www.immigration.ca/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=2640&title=imm1344eb-sponsorship-agreement-question

he is, so everything seems set. he has her listed as a dependent of his parents
vic_guy3 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote vic_guy3 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 May 2010 at 1:27am
Yes, I am sponsoring my parents and my sister is noted as dependent on my dad )principal applicant). This makes sense..right....
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic