Canada Immigration and Visa Discussion Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Canada Immigration Topics > Family Class Sponsorship
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Receipts

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Woosh Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Receipts
    Posted: 23 May 2010 at 7:21pm
The search function is still malfunctioning for me, so I'll just ask:

With receipts, did most of you just send the actual receipts or merely photocopies? There's one train ticket stub in particular that I'd rather not send the original of: its a train ticket I used to go visit my husband Troy before we even thought to get married, erroneously llisting my last name as his--we both thought it was pretty cute and have since kept it as a sentimental keepsake since it was the first time we talked/joked about getting married. Is there any problem with my sending the originals of the others but just a copy of this one?

Thanks everyone! :)

-Raven
audball View Drop Down
Top Member
Top Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote audball Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 May 2010 at 7:58pm
I'd just send the copy and explain in the letter why you didn't send the original.

They should understand. CIC doesn't always return what you send in so it's natural to be safe with anything you really, truly value
Woosh View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Woosh Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 May 2010 at 8:10pm
Cool =) Thank you for answering. You've been such a great help to me and my husband.
britincanada View Drop Down
Top Member
Top Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote britincanada Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 May 2010 at 9:55pm
I photocopied everything, I only put in originals in if I had duplicates I didn't mind parting with as I don't expect to get them back, some people do and some dont
App received by CPC-M 1/06/10
Sponsorship approved 29/06/10
In Process 15/07/2010
VISA & PP Recvd 22/09/10
LANDED 29/09/10
ELIGIBLE TO BECOME CITIZEN 4/11/2012
SteelAce View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SteelAce Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 May 2010 at 1:00am
We didn't put any originals in ours, except for those documents that were specified as originals required.  Everything else was photocopies.
4/30-CPC-M
6/3-Sponsor DM
6/9-Approval letter; QC Cert. app. sent
6/17-Start Manila
7/2-AOR with PP & AOM request
7/19-PP & AOM received
8/13-Approval QC Cert.
9/7-DM :))
9/16-Visa received!
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic