Canada Immigration and Visa Discussion Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Canada Immigration Topics > Family Class Sponsorship
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

The truth

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jambaloni Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Dec 2009 at 8:18pm

If there are proposed changes, they would certainly be limited to certain circumstances and certain applications....not all. I highly doubt that Canadian Citizens will ever, ever be disallowed from sponsoring a foreign spouse.

However, I am very confident the government would like to avoid illegal immigration; which does not mean disallowing citizens from sponsoring spouses but rather making it much more difficult for "high risk" groups to do so.

No need to go near the panic button simply because someone is having a challenging time with Canadian immigration. If someone is having such a time with immigration, by and large, it will be because they fall in a certain category of applications considered "high risk". And we all know there are many, many of those. So within these categories, it may become even more difficult to sponsor and, unfortunately, for legitimate sponsorships, too.
thetruth View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote thetruth Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Dec 2009 at 8:40pm
removed

Edited by thetruth - 31 Mar 2014 at 4:15am
SteelAce View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SteelAce Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Dec 2009 at 9:08pm
@the truth

I'm sorry, but after reading the Montreal Gazette article that you linked to, I don't see at all where you're coming up with these theories.

First, the article is written by a freelance journalist/immigration lawyer.  Not a member of parliament.  So anything said in that article are only that journalist's opinions.

Secondly, nowhere in the article does it mention anything about spousal sponsorship potentially disappearing in the future.  The journalist's only idea regarding a change to spousal sponsorship would be that the sponsored spouse could not automatically become a PR, in order to help in proving that the relationship is real.  Again however, that is the journalist's opinion.

Thirdly, the point of the article refers to an Ontario court - provincial, not federal - lessening the financial responsibility on the sponsor if the relationship doesn't work out, and the consequences of that decision.

There is nothing mentioned about any federal legislation to change spousal sponsorship rules, or even any upcoming parliament discussions on the subject.  So unless you have something more substantial to back up your claims, I don't see what the fuss is.

Good luck with your situation.
4/30-CPC-M
6/3-Sponsor DM
6/9-Approval letter; QC Cert. app. sent
6/17-Start Manila
7/2-AOR with PP & AOM request
7/19-PP & AOM received
8/13-Approval QC Cert.
9/7-DM :))
9/16-Visa received!
Siouxie View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Siouxie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Dec 2009 at 9:19pm
There is NO minimum income requirement when sponsoring spouses, common law or conjugal partners.

5.33. Exception to minimum necessary income requirement

The ability to meet the minimum income requirement is mandatory, unless the

sponsor is sponsoring a spouse, common-law partner, conjugal partner or a

dependent child where the child has no dependent children of their own. This

exception also applies to persons under the age of 18 whom the sponsor intends to

adopt in Canada.

ColorMePanda View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ColorMePanda Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Dec 2009 at 2:18am
I agree completely. I have no idea where in the hell you are coming up with this assumptions. You are really only reading into it what you want to believe. I highly doubt that they would ever get rid of spousal sponsorship and like someone posted already, the media would have already been all over it. They are obviously going to choose to inform one person because they are having issues with immigration and not tell the rest of the world. *rolls eyes*

Originally posted by SteelAce SteelAce wrote:

@the truth

I'm sorry, but after reading the Montreal Gazette article that you linked to, I don't see at all where you're coming up with these theories.

First, the article is written by a freelance journalist/immigration lawyer.  Not a member of parliament.  So anything said in that article are only that journalist's opinions.

Secondly, nowhere in the article does it mention anything about spousal sponsorship potentially disappearing in the future.  The journalist's only idea regarding a change to spousal sponsorship would be that the sponsored spouse could not automatically become a PR, in order to help in proving that the relationship is real.  Again however, that is the journalist's opinion.

Thirdly, the point of the article refers to an Ontario court - provincial, not federal - lessening the financial responsibility on the sponsor if the relationship doesn't work out, and the consequences of that decision.

There is nothing mentioned about any federal legislation to change spousal sponsorship rules, or even any upcoming parliament discussions on the subject.  So unless you have something more substantial to back up your claims, I don't see what the fuss is.

Good luck with your situation.
INLAND!
Total time for PR: 10 Months and 16 Days
hbwpg View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hbwpg Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Dec 2009 at 12:08pm
Originally posted by thetruth thetruth wrote:

Siouxie    I am sorry I have not had much time to post in replies...... I have been trying to scan then load many pages in to my computer for the kind people who have asked for them, as well as taking care of my life here while pregnant, and trying to pack and get my life underway to be able to move out of Canada so that I can be with my husband when the baby is born, then after I will be contacting my family in friends in the new year to see if I can get someone to sponsor my husband for me.So therefor I can only get on line occasionally.......News from Nov 22.... 2009http://www.montrealgazette.com/entertainment/mistake+sponsors+hook/2243756/story.htmlThis link talks of one of things, making it an easier financial burdon. for sponsorship applicationsit only has mention in regards to spousal aspects. but this is just part of what will be happeningthey will make it easier for a sponsored person to get employment this way they can pay off thereown debt, without it being such a burdon on their sponsor.but due to so many issues with divorce after marriages they will be removing the spouse option ( as they say as a safety precaution for both husband and wife )but it will allow any other people to sponsor for them.Please don't misunderstand, people will still be able to sponsor and it will be easier and less of a financial burdonbut they are going to make it only so the spouse cannot so that it does not causeproblems due to divorce etc, because of immigration frauds.These things just pissed me off as I found them out... it will NOT effect any cases still openbut new cases will need alternate sponsorsIt made it difficult for me as I am pregnant and it is too close to the timelines of change for me to properly have my husband here with me, I would still be able to file an application again at this time but due to personal situations not needed to be listed here it is best I have another person file after the changes in the new year.....

That link isn't news - it's an op ed.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123
  Share Topic