Canada Immigration and Visa Discussion Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Canada Immigration Topics > Family Class Sponsorship
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

The truth

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Aleez Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Dec 2009 at 1:24pm
can u plz share ur detailed timeline
Regards,
Aleez
Allah hum sub ki Duain Qabool Fermai (aameen)
Mr_with_his_Mrs View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mr_with_his_Mrs Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Dec 2009 at 1:26pm
If you are sponsoring a spouse there is no minimum income requirement, nor a requirement for you to have a job. The LICO (Low income cut off) only applies if you are sponsoring a dependent who has dependents, i.e. grandchildren. 

I read the house of commons hansard daily, and to make such sweeping changes to the IRPA (Immigration and Refugee Protection Act) would require active debate in the house of commons, be read once, sent to committee, be read again, and then pass the liberal dominated senate before getting royal assent.  There has been no such action.

Edited by Mr_with_his_Mrs - 10 Dec 2009 at 1:27pm
Formerly Mr_without_his_Mrs
thetruth View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote thetruth Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Dec 2009 at 1:32pm
removed

Edited by thetruth - 31 Mar 2014 at 4:13am
Siouxie View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Siouxie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Dec 2009 at 2:22pm
Perhaps the reason for refusal of spousal sponsorship was that she could not prove that her intentions were to return to and remain in Canada with her spouse?

You are not required as a spousal sponsor to "prove" sufficient income etc., however, you do need to prove that you will have somewhere to live when returning to Canada from a lengthy period overseas and show that you intend to continue to live here - by having a job offer, a letter confirming that your relatives will allow you to stay with them or similar.

Canadian citizens residing outside Canada

may sponsor their spouse, common-law partner, conjugal partner or dependent children without dependent children of their own

must satisfy immigration officials that they will reside in Canada once their spouse, common-law or conjugal partner and dependent children become permanent residents in Canada

must forward their applications directly to CPC-M, where their plan to return to Canada will be assessed based on documentary evidence and/or interview assistance from the visa office where necessary

Permanent resident residing abroad

may not sponsor from outside Canada Spouse or commonlaw partner in Canada Class

Should CPC-V receive an application from abroad;

CPC advises sponsor that applicant is not a member of the family class if they are not cohabiting with the sponsor in Canada

CPC explains how to sponsor spouse/common-law partner from outside Canada

Sponsorship for spousal applications is only for people who intend to live in Canada (albeit for only a short period of time after PR is granted). 

I think the fact that she showed that she had no intentions of living in Canada with her spouse was perhaps her downfall - if they had no intention of living here, then there was no need for her husband to become a Canadian Immigrant.

Siouxie View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Siouxie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Dec 2009 at 12:46pm

I am suprised that the Original poster hasn't made any comment to this ... 

I don't believe for one second that CIC are going to change to rules on spousal sponsorship!
redeagle View Drop Down
Top Member
Top Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote redeagle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Dec 2009 at 1:20pm
I asked the origional poster for details of her situation and this is what I got back in repect of not being able to sponsor:
meeting with mp
and this time also with his legal assistant.
they explainid all the new ordinances and the legislations for Canada and the ordinances that are being implimented over the next few weeks into the United States and the conformaties that Canada will be making in lui of the States.
They told me within the next few months, no longer will a spouse will be able to apply for sponsorship from either country. that a person will have to be sponsored by a third party,
They told me thier invitation papers is not a guarentee to be accepted,
they told me we would be denied due to the fact that I am Canadian.
They told me they could help now they say with a lawyer the odds are not that great.
They told me if i was not Canadian he would be granted a visit
They told me i was best to leave canada if i wanted to stay with him

Take note, this does not say anything about needing 5 people to sponsor and with the details I see no reason to believe any of this is the true situation. I have all details of other issues in this case, however it would not be fair of me to post them on here.

I still stand by the fact that if this were the case then the media would have been all over and I for one am not prepared to take the words of one person as gospel.
"Will this matter a year from now?"
Probably, this is gonna be a one hell of a long journey.
thetruth View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote thetruth Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Dec 2009 at 7:15pm
removed

Edited by thetruth - 31 Mar 2014 at 4:13am
thetruth View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote thetruth Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Dec 2009 at 7:20pm
removed

Edited by thetruth - 31 Mar 2014 at 4:14am
thetruth View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote thetruth Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Dec 2009 at 7:35pm
removed

Edited by thetruth - 31 Mar 2014 at 4:14am
thetruth View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote thetruth Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Dec 2009 at 7:43pm
removed

Edited by thetruth - 31 Mar 2014 at 4:15am
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>
  Share Topic