Canada Immigration and Visa Discussion Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Canada Immigration Topics > Express Entry Immigration
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Canadian job classification and CIC priorities

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Zed Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Canadian job classification and CIC priorities
    Posted: 05 Feb 2017 at 10:47am
I fulfill all requirements for express entry ( bilingual, 28 y.o, 3 years working experience, masters degree). The assessment gives nearly 500 points. My only concern is my background and the probability to receive an ITA. I went trough some websites and found that CIC mostly sent an ITA to those from ICT, engeering and those technical stuffs as well as some care services. Given that my skills is related to policies / development projects management I am very worried about my chance to receive an ITA. As express process requires a lot of time and money, I don't know if it worth applying ( as my background is different from CIC's scope, though technically it's a part of the Canadian jobs classification ).
pmm View Drop Down
Top Member
Top Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pmm Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Feb 2017 at 2:14pm
Hi

Originally posted by Zed Zed wrote:

I fulfill all requirements for express entry ( bilingual, 28 y.o, 3 years working experience, masters degree). The assessment gives nearly 500 points. My only concern is my background and the probability to receive an ITA. I went trough some websites and found that CIC mostly sent an ITA to those from ICT, engeering and those technical stuffs as well as some care services. Given that my skills is related to policies / development projects management I am very worried about my chance to receive an ITA. As express process requires a lot of time and money, I don't know if it worth applying ( as my background is different from CIC's scope, though technically it's a part of the Canadian jobs classification ).

1. Don't know where you got your information, if you have 500 points, then you would receive an ITA in EE. There are no preferred occupations, you have to have experience in a skilled occupation, NOC, A, B or O.
PMM
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic