Canada Immigration and Visa Discussion Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Canada Immigration Topics > Family Class Sponsorship
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Questions regarding sponship

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sara2018 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Questions regarding sponship
    Posted: 05 Feb 2017 at 12:26am
Hi everyone,
I am currently in Canada on a visitor visa. I landed in Toronto 2 months ago and I came to visit my sister. During my stay I met a man who lives in the same building as my sister. He's been so nice to me and we fell in Love with each other. Now he asked to marry me and I don't know whither I should accept or not. he is 32 years older than me, I am 28 and he is 60. I am worried that if we get married and apply to live together this will cause us problems. we love each other and we want to be with each other but I don't know if the immigration will accept this. Also, my sister is helping me write this, my English is poor, I speak French. He only speaks English but we manage to communicate with each other as he's very patient with me. Would like to know if I should get married and apply to stay with him? I love him and I want to know what to do. Please help with your advises.
Sara
ImmLaw View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ImmLaw Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Feb 2017 at 12:29pm
Hi Sara
Would you marry a 60 years old man in your home country, you're only 28!? or is it only OK because he's Canadian?
You mentioned that you landed in Canada about 2 months ago, and you never had any contact with him before you arrived. Are 2 months enough to get to get to know someone, full in love with him and talk about marriage and future together?
You also said that your English is not very good and he only speaks English. How do you communicate, how do you understand each other? How did you manage to fall in love with each other? Your case is very complicated and doesn't sound right. The immigration officer will look into everything, your interview will be in English, your social network will be checked (Facebook, Twitter, Instagram...), your background, photos together, and everything else. What was your job before you came to Canada?
I wish you luck but I would give your case 5% of success. I can smell immigration fraud not love. Officers check everything in your life, things you never think about!
Good luck though
omar View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote omar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Mar 2017 at 2:57pm
Hi, 
it is your choice at the end .... but why do you want to marry a 60 years old if you are still 28 ? 
dont take any choice you might regret in your life. 

sparkles2016 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sparkles2016 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Apr 2017 at 9:53am
Just sharing my two cents: 
Love is love- if the two of you want to be together, then by all means you should do everything you can to make that happen. However, I will say- two months is a very short period of time... are you sure that you want to spend your life with someone you haven't known very long?

As far as immigration goes, I have heard that knowing your spouse for a short amount of time, and a large age gap are flags that CIC looks at very carefully. You will have to work very hard to prove that you married someone 2 months after meeting them for reasons that do not involve immigration. 
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic