Canada Immigration and Visa Discussion Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Canada Visa / Temporary Entry Topics > Visit Visa
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

TRV applied for sollicite

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote alex23 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: TRV applied for sollicite
    Posted: 21 May 2010 at 4:20pm
My mother in law applied for her visit visa and her papers came back with a note "TRV applied for sollicite"  what does this mean? is she denied entry to Canada?  Please help, anyone...
pmm View Drop Down
Top Member
Top Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pmm Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 May 2010 at 6:52pm
Hi

Originally posted by alex23 alex23 wrote:

My mother in law applied for her visit visa and her papers came back with a note "TRV applied for sollicite"  what does this mean? is she denied entry to Canada?  Please help, anyone...

"Sollicite is French for received from.
PMM
alex23 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote alex23 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 May 2010 at 11:15pm

so, does the statement mean approved or denied?pls help..

job_seeker View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote job_seeker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 May 2010 at 11:54pm

<FONT style=": #f8f8e0">so, does the statement mean approved or denied?pls help..

Was a visa stamped on her passport? If there was then it is approved.
"I shall pass this way but once. Therefore, any good that I can do or any kindness that I can show, let me do it now, for I shall not pass this way again."
pmm View Drop Down
Top Member
Top Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pmm Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 May 2010 at 11:54pm
Hi

<FONT style=": #f8f8e0">so, does the statement mean approved or denied?pls help..

Neither, the Gov't of Canada is bilingual and forms are available in French and English. All they said was that the application was received, there is no decision mentioned.
PMM
alex23 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote alex23 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 May 2010 at 12:18am
Yes, it was stamped on her passport.so is it approved?
job_seeker View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote job_seeker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 May 2010 at 12:53am

Yes, it was stamped on her passport.so is it approved?

So if a visa (counterfoil pasted on the passport with a start and expiration date, i.e. validity dates) are pasted on her passport, then it is approved. If it is just a rubber stamp mark with the date when she applied then it is denied.
"I shall pass this way but once. Therefore, any good that I can do or any kindness that I can show, let me do it now, for I shall not pass this way again."
alex23 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote alex23 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 May 2010 at 1:07am
thank you so much for the help!
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic