Canada Immigration and Visa Discussion Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Canada Visa / Temporary Entry Topics > Work Visa
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Questions about live-in caregiver program

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote starzibal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Questions about live-in caregiver program
    Posted: 14 Dec 2016 at 4:35pm
Hi guys,

Can caregiver bring her family i.e. one year old kid and husband or only kid if possible to Canada with her after her case is approved and she come to Canada? i saw this on cic website:

“Can my family come to Canada with me if I am a live-in caregiver?
Family members do not normally come to Canada with people working under the Live-in Caregiver Program. Even if an employer agrees that a family member can live with you in the home where you will provide care, future employers may not agree to the same terms. Also, you may not make enough money to support your family members in Canada.

However, you may be allowed to bring your family with you if you satisfy a visa officer that:

you have enough money to care for and support your family members in Canada, and
your employer will let them live in the home where you will provide care.”

If this is the case then how long does it usually take to bring them to Canada and what is the processing time period from start to finish to get someone as a live-in caregiver to Canada?

Thanks
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic