Canada Immigration and Visa Discussion Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Canada Immigration Topics > Family Class Sponsorship
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Topic ClosedMakes me sick.....

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 3456>
Author

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Dec 2009 at 9:40pm

Yes, since I am 'white' I guess you are right, I am of European decent. Well unfortunately for you, you would be wrong. I am considered white, being that I'm so fair, but I am a native american. This is my land. So before you go 'assuming', perhaps you should do your homework. Not everyone that is Canadian and 'white' are from European countries. Frankly, I'm insulted that you would be so close minded to think that. For an educated woman, you sure are uneducated. Prior to me pointing the finger at you, I did my research.

Congratulations on your waste of an education. Again, my statement stands. You are entirely unaware. You blaming others for being racist is racism at it's best. Do not belittle me and how racism has affected me. Like I said, you don't know and no, I don't know what it's like to be you. So let it go already.

Is this helping your application get done any quicker? Probably not.
Mrs.Sam View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Dec 2009 at 3:49am
ClapClapClapClapClapClap

Yeah etoile42!!!!! I am Métis, and a 13th generation Canadian... my father is North American Indian, my mother is Métis. Reena is damn lucky to have gotten into this country in the first place! Immigrating to Canada is not a RIGHT... it is a privilege. Don't you EVER forget that Reena!!!!

The sooner Reena gets her head out of her Censored and her attitude in line the world will be a better place!

Originally posted by etoile42 etoile42 wrote:

Yes, since I am 'white' I guess you are right, I am of European decent. Well unfortunately for you, you would be wrong. I am considered white, being that I'm so fair, but I am a native american. This is my land. So before you go 'assuming', perhaps you should do your homework. Not everyone that is Canadian and 'white' are from European countries. Frankly, I'm insulted that you would be so close minded to think that. For an educated woman, you sure are uneducated. Prior to me pointing the finger at you, I did my research.

Congratulations on your waste of an education. Again, my statement stands. You are entirely unaware. You blaming others for being racist is racism at it's best. Do not belittle me and how racism has affected me. Like I said, you don't know and no, I don't know what it's like to be you. So let it go already.

Is this helping your application get done any quicker? Probably not.
"Knowledge is Power" Sir Francis Bacon 1597
GildaNewBrunswick View Drop Down
Average Member
Average Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Dec 2009 at 8:58am
Reena103

Have you posted a timeline?  If you are early in the process and have a perfectly acceptable husband with all the qualities Canada wants and have an unquestionable situation that is defi nitely genuine, you should be flying through this process in very little time.  Meantime, maybe you should find another country where you might be happier where you would not be a minority(as you stated it) because you certainly have a problem with North America(as you stated it).  All we need here is another person who will join you in complaining needlessly about discrimination in Canada.  Why would you attempt to bring a person(you presumably love) into such an unbearable situation?!!!!!!!!!!!!!   People like you with chips on their shoulders cause the rest of the population needless discord.  And, if you procreate, bring others into your "poor me" world continuing the discord.

This is my last response to you, as others have suggested to ignore you.  You do not articulate as an educated person as education enhances one's understanding of life in general.  We are in the immigration process and we are here to support each other.  I think your time would be better suited to a forum on "people who feel the excuse for all their failings is related to race/ethnicity/culture"!  How can you expect others of other cultures to treat you with respect when you can't even embrace people with different social situations.

People like you regress race relations.
sangria View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Dec 2009 at 11:54am
Lets clear some things up.....

1) The issue Reena discusses from the movie does happen.

2) It is not only "White" or "Canadian" women that are taking part in sex tourism.

3) Many (most) of these women are victims although there are some that will travel and pay for sex holidays.  These people are not typically looking to bring the men back to Canada....its all about a pay and play holiday at the beach and not real life back home.

4) These movies are being made to make people aware and highlight a new trend in sex tourism that used to be dominated by men (ex Thailand and young children/woman prostituting themselves or being forced to).  There is a new generation of middle aged independent women taking part now in the Caribbean (mostly from the UK, France and Canada).

5) You are entitled to be disgusted by these practices but this is not holding up your immigration application and it is not racially based.

6) It is the women/men being taken advantage of and unknowingly being scammed by their spouse that is holding things up in PAP.  These women/men think their relationship is real and the non-Canadian partner does everything in their power to make the Canadian spouse think that until they get their visa, arrive in Canada and take off shortly after.  By then its too late.

7) Files processed in PAP take between 8-18 months on average.  Those applications that are in perfect order, do not require an interview and meet all the criteria are typically processed in the 8-10 month range.  Those files that require interviews, additional documents, clarification, complicated situations, police checks for more than 1 country are the ones that take longer. 

8) It would be right to say that the fraudsters would be holding things up for some because it may take longer to get an interview.  The fact is that if Canadians were educated about sex tourism and the potential to be victimized then it would happen less and "REAL" couples applications would get processed faster.

9) IT is of absolutely no use to blame or rant or throw out racial comments because you are frustrated with the system.  Everyone knows it isn't perfect (and far from it) but it is the system we have and you can be rest assured that your husbands file is being processed in a timely manner .

10) We are seeing right now on DR1.com that applications sent to PAP in January 2009 - April 2009 are just starting to hear from PAP embassy re: finalization or setting interview dates.  Reena sent her application in May 2009 so it could still be a little bit more time to finalize things.

I understand what it feels like to be apart from your spouse, to hate the government for not communicating to us better about where we are in the process etc.  We live in a country that lets us choose our spouse and in most cases bring them to Canada if we choose.  There aren't many of us whose parents or grandparents didn't immigrate either so we should all be grateful there is a process to go through whether it is flawed or not.

Blaming other people doesn't change anything and doesn't help you either.

I agree that sex tourism is disgusting but I think there is a difference between sex tourism and being tricked into helping get someone a visa.

The sex or colour or nationality doesn't play any part in this at all.

Reena was lucky enough to be able to be together with her husband while they dated.  Most of us aren't that lucky and are accustomed to being apart for long periods of time.
We chose this path, love found us or we found it and we can't change our citizenship but if it really takes it toll on you, you can change your address.

I think everyone should remember that these forums are for information and support and not for hate, racism, name calling or blame.

Once the application is finalized and you are together again, you will forget all the frustrations you have gone through and might just regret some of the comments made here.

hbwpg View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Dec 2009 at 12:00pm
There is a HUGE difference between sex tourism and visa fraud.

The two are not even comparable.

Sex tourism targets young women - primarily minors - and they aren't in it for visas - they are trying to survive OR have been forced into it. It's slavery. Not immigration.

Reena, I'd recommend losing the chip on your shoulder. Like you, I'm an educated women - I studied global politics and human rights with a racial/gender slant.

The sooner you stop feeling like the world owes you the happier you'll be.

I understand your frustrations - everyone here does. However, that doesn't give you the right to treat people like mud on your shoe and make absurd judgments about their lives and their motives.
algerina View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Dec 2009 at 12:00pm
Have a holly jolly Xmas...Its' the best time of the year.....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LGyGNxHtvRk

App Sent August 7
Spousal Approved Sept 2
Sent to Paris Oct 28
sangria View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Dec 2009 at 12:25pm
I also want to add that if it wasn't for people like Sam and myself and others that come back to post even after our spouses have arrived, then there would be no support system and no avenue to learn from someone elses experience.

When I first joined this forum, there was NOBODY going through PAP.  No discussion of the embassy or any support for people applying through Haiti.

Luckily, we have DR1 for support as well because if everyone just stopped reading or writing when they were approved then can you imaging the stress and frustration of not being able to relate with others going through the same thing or having someone to ask for help.

Patience is the key....if you don't have it you need to find a way to get some...
redeagle View Drop Down
Top Member
Top Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Dec 2009 at 12:35pm
Originally posted by reena103 reena103 wrote:

I dare you to come and talk to me about this topic or insult my opinion... please do tell your circumstances  before you do so.... so that we can all understand where your coming from......

This post was never put here to prove a point anyway, it was put here solely for the chance of causing an argument. When no posts were applied to the initial post the poster carried on posting for the sole purpose of causing friction.
"Will this matter a year from now?"
Probably, this is gonna be a one hell of a long journey.
tgchi13 View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Dec 2009 at 12:46pm
Originally posted by redeagle redeagle wrote:

I dare you to come and talk to me about this topic or insult my opinion... please do tell your circumstances  before you do so.... so that we can all understand where your coming from......

This post was never put here to prove a point anyway, it was put here solely for the chance of causing an argument. When no posts were applied to the initial post the poster carried on posting for the sole purpose of causing friction.

I agree and suggest everyone stop responding to this person (at least in this context). This process is draining and this person is extracting valuable energy from forum participants who are either here seeking assistance with the process or offering assistance (and thank you, each and every one of you).

Arguments for arguments' sake are rarely positive. Apparently this can be reported to a moderator, if anyone knows how...
tgchi ~
'so close, no matter how far, couldn't be much more from the heart, forever trusting who WE are and nothing else matters' Going State-side!
hbwpg View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Dec 2009 at 1:02pm
Certainly agreed.

However, I posted because it was important to draw the distinction between sex tourism and visa fraud.

This entire thread should just be removed.

I'm positive I saw earlier where to report threads/posts. I'll take a look.

Originally posted by tgchi13 tgchi13 wrote:

Originally posted by redeagle redeagle wrote:

I dare you to come and talk to me about this topic or insult my opinion... please do tell your circumstances before you do so.... so that we can all understand where your coming from......

I agree and suggest everyone stop responding to this person (at least in this context). This process is draining and this person is extracting valuable energy from forum participants who are either here seeking assistance with the process or offering assistance (and thank you, each and every one of you).

Arguments for arguments' sake are rarely positive. Apparently this can be reported to a moderator, if anyone knows how...
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 3456>
  Share Topic