Canada Immigration and Visa Discussion Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Canada Immigration Topics > Family Class Sponsorship
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Background check 'after' interview?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tunisianbride Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Background check 'after' interview?
    Posted: 18 May 2010 at 10:56am
Do they usually do the background check 'after' the interview?  It makes sense to me that this is the case, because why spend money on a background check, if the person is refused, and the interview usually decides this.  So, what I'm really asking is, if it doesn't say 'Decision Made' on ECAS for a few months after the interview, then this should be a 'good' sign, right?  No news, is good news! Wink  I mean, my husband's interview was on May 5th, 2010, and although I'm checking ECAS often, I really don't want it to say 'Decision Made' yet, because this will probably mean a refusal, right? 
Oct.08/09-Appl.sent CPC-M
Nov.04/09-Approved
Dec.29/09-ECAS 'in process'
Jan.07/10-AOR-Paris
Apr.19/10-interview May 5th
Jun.15/10-Decision Made
Jun.25/10-'Refused'!
KAMJIT View Drop Down
Average Member
Average Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote KAMJIT Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 May 2010 at 11:03am
yes background check is done  after the sponsorship has been approved.
My husband had his interview first week of July and e-cas stayed in process until they sent him a refusal letter in Aug.. but that doesn't mean they refuse everyone after the interview....lots of people got positive decisions after waiting a  month or so after the interview.

If you see decision made and they haven't requested his passport, than it's probably not a good news. if  e-cas stays "in process" until they request his passport. it's a good news......

Hopefully you'll hear a good news ....reqeust for passport

Edited by KAMJIT - 18 May 2010 at 12:42pm
EnglishMuffin View Drop Down
Average Member
Average Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote EnglishMuffin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 May 2010 at 5:39pm
We're at this stage too - post interview, which went well (she had it in December 09) waiting for either PPR or something to show on eCas. They asked us for extra documents, which is why its taking so long to hear back - their letter said to allow 3-4 months to review these (and they received them in Jan).

However is it really the case that if eCas changed to 'Decision Made' before we receive a passport request then its going to be a refusal? I'm very sorry to hear about your case Kamjit. If it is the case, I guess I should stop checking eCas every other day to see if anything changes and instead pray for their email or letter!
KAMJIT View Drop Down
Average Member
Average Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote KAMJIT Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 May 2010 at 6:00pm

Hi Enlishmuffin

Yes it is true.......they don't change e-cas to "decision made" (if it's positive news) until they  have your passport and grant you the visa.  
I hope you get PPR before they change e-cas to decision made. It was a very painful process for me . I will be married  3 yrs in sept.2010 and my husband is still not here. It took a year for them to schedule me for full hearing which i won in Nov. of last year and I am still waiting for them to give my husband the visa.

Edited by KAMJIT - 18 May 2010 at 6:03pm
tunisianbride View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tunisianbride Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 May 2010 at 7:08pm
I don't mean to disasgree with you Kamjit, but I do believe that it is different sometimes depending on the particular Embassy and their practices, and maybe some other factors too, like maybe they forgot to change ECAS or send out the letter.  I sponsored a man from Turkey in 2003, and after the interviews (I had to have one too), it was 3 months before ECAS changed to "Decision Made"and it was another 5 weeks before my husband received his passport request.  What I 'do' think is, that if it says 'Decision Made' too soon after the interiew, then this is usually a 'no', but if after 3 or more months, and still there is no decision, then this is usually good news, because they are completing the background check, and it never says Decision Made until this is completed.  I am "sure" English Muffin, that if you were going to be refused, you would certainly know this by now, so hang in there a bit longer, they're probably just finishing the background check. Smile
Oct.08/09-Appl.sent CPC-M
Nov.04/09-Approved
Dec.29/09-ECAS 'in process'
Jan.07/10-AOR-Paris
Apr.19/10-interview May 5th
Jun.15/10-Decision Made
Jun.25/10-'Refused'!
KAMJIT View Drop Down
Average Member
Average Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote KAMJIT Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 May 2010 at 7:24pm

you are right, it could vary from embassy to embassy. i was just speaking from my experience and few other's i had spoken to on this forum and assumed it would the same for everyone.

Edited by KAMJIT - 19 May 2010 at 10:04am
toronto111 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote toronto111 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Mar 2014 at 10:37am
hi, i have interview by Nov 2013 and. i passed interview, but still i didn't get and request form embassy . we did call mp and they say they do background check third party. i dont know whats third party and they say still didn't get and answer. please i need help 
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic