Canada Immigration and Visa Discussion Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Canada Immigration Topics > Family Class Sponsorship
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Application for sponsorship + Permanent Residency
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Application for sponsorship + Permanent Residency

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jk_jessi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Application for sponsorship + Permanent Residency
    Posted: 27 Nov 2016 at 3:32pm
Hi !

I saw the following on the on CIC website:

There are two steps to the application process for your parent(s) or grandparent(s) to become permanent residents.

As a citizen or permanent resident of Canada, you must apply to sponsor your family member. Your sponsorship application is processed by the Case Processing Centre in Mississauga (CPC-M).

You will be notified in writing by CPC-M about the decision on your sponsorship application.

Your parent(s) and/or grandparent(s) must apply for permanent residence.

The applications for both sponsorship and permanent residence should be filled out and sent at the same time.

So I guess I have to prepare two sets of documents that will go together:
- one for the sponsorship application
- one for permanent residency application

Please advise !

Thanks !
JK
jk_jessi View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jk_jessi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Nov 2016 at 9:58am
Another question with regards to the above one:

I live in Quebec, and according to the QC rules my parents should first wait to be declared eligible on the Sponsorship application, and then we can apply for Certificat de Selection de Quebec.

On the CIC website, section for permanent residency application, the process apparently applies to all the provinces but Quebec.

So from the whole story I'm getting that since I live in Quebec province and my parents eventually will live there too, the only application at this point that need to be submitted is the Sponsorship Application.

Once we get the approval from that stage, we can apply for permanent residency using of course the QC procedure for that.

Please advise!

Thanks a lot!

JK

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic